Hybrid cells Rayovac

freeze12

Enlightened
Eskimonio said:
Bump on the request for anyone with any remaining coupons.

Don't mean to panhandle, but I've been checking the couponclipper and ebay with no luck.

I'm happy to send a self addressed stamped envelope and reimburse your costs on the coupons.

Thanks!
If You send Me a Self Addressed Stamped Envelope I will send You some coupons.... just PM me. :thumbsup:

hburner

Enlightened
I will have to admit that I am pleased with the Hybrids so far. At first they I thought they were sagging to much under load causing a yellowish beam, but after a few cycles, I have a nice bright white beam in my Mag85 and Mag11.

I have a set of Sanyo 2700 that hold a charge just as good as the Hybrids. After 3 weeks setting idle they all read the exact same thing, 1.35v per cell, Hybrid and Sanyo 2700!!

Eskimonio

Newly Enlightened
freeze12 said:
If You send Me a Self Addressed Stamped Envelope I will send You some coupons.... just PM me. :thumbsup:

Thanks Dan...from a former Buffaloan to a current...PM sent.

not2bright said:
momanz,

Wow that would make things easy but I'm not sure those are legit, even if they do work.

They are not. They are obvious a scan. "Void if reproduced" means that a scan and print implies void.

not2bright

Enlightened
Handlobraesing,

Exactly, that is what I was trying to imply.

Using scanned and printed coupons would be considered fraud and could get a person in trouble.

VWTim

Enlightened
not2bright said:
Handlobraesing,

Exactly, that is what I was trying to imply.

Using scanned and printed coupons would be considered fraud and could get a person in trouble.

Although the coupon also states they can't be used together and someone at Wally world rang 2 up at a time for me....

coppertrail

Enlightened
I used three coupons @ once @ Walmart. They deducted the coupons before sales tax was applied.

Fusion

Newly Enlightened
Yeah, problem with those scans is if enough people use them. Those of us with the real ones may be out of luck if they decide to cancel/stop accepting these coupons because of all the frauds out there.

coppertrail

Enlightened
Has anyone contacted Rayovac by phone, expressed their interest in the cells, and asked to be sent a few coupons?

Chinook

Newly Enlightened
coppertrail said:
Has anyone contacted Rayovac by phone, expressed their interest in the cells, and asked to be sent a few coupons?
That is what the guy I bought a few coupons from off ebay said. He said he asked, and they sent him a bunch of them... enough so that he could sell them on ebay. The coupons I got were kinda obvious inkjet prints cut from stock paper... a couple were even smudged with fingerprints in the upc area. I got a refund.

not2bright

Enlightened
VWTim said:
Although the coupon also states they can't be used together and someone at Wally world rang 2 up at a time for me....

I swear that the ones I cut from my coupon section didn't state the one coupon at a time, or anything like that. It didn't say one coupon per offer or package either.

I too used a single coupon for multiple packs as there was no verbage prohibiting this on the coupon, nor as a part of WalMart's register software.

BTW, my post above, that was right below the removed post, looks a bit strange now...

freeze12

Enlightened
Eskimonio said:
Thanks Dan...from a former Buffaloan to a current...PM sent.
Eskimonio..... PM sent to You earlier today & I can send You 8 coupons as You asked for :santa: :thumbsup:

Turbo DV8

Flashlight Enthusiast
coppertrail said:
I used three coupons @ once @ Walmart. They deducted the coupons before sales tax was applied.

I guess it depends on your Wal-Mart. I bought several packs today with a matching number of coupons, and asked if the coupons could be scanned before the cells. He said no, and that the $5 is taken off after taxes on the full $8.97 are calculated, so I had to pay tax on the full amount.

Another thing that frosted my balls, although it amounted to 10 cents, was I had purchsed about 20 packs of AA cells without coupon in another county, at 8.75% sales tax. I wanted to return the packs in my county, which has 8.25% sales tax, then repurchase the unopened packs with my coupons. When he rang up the return it only refunded me the tax at 8.25%, since I was at a Wal-Mart in a county with 8.25% tax. He said it was the way the system worked, and he could not override it. Although not a bank-breaker, I see this as unjust. You can return a Wal-Mart purchase at any Wal-Mart. If I had purchased a $1000 TV in one county, and crossed the county line to return it at another Wal-Mart and get my money back, why should the state be allowed to keep $5 of my money for a sale that for all practical purposes did not take place? Why can't the biggest retailer in America set up their system to take this into account? Am I being unreasonable?

waiwak

Newly Enlightened
coppertrail said:

I did. They snail mailed me a rebate for a $5 rebate for proof of purchase of a hybrid charger and pack of hybrid batteries. The lady on the phone knew nothing about the $5 off coupon.

coppertrail

Enlightened
I used the self-checkout at Walmart, I scanned the coupons after I scanned the items. Maybe its different when you use the self-checkout vs. a human cashier.

Eskimonio

Newly Enlightened
freeze12 said:
Eskimonio..... PM sent to You earlier today & I can send You 8 coupons as You asked for :santa: :thumbsup:

SASE and PM sent...:sold:

New Yawkahs stickin' together once again!

Stay warm and many thanks.

VWTim said:

Whether it would be accepted or not is gambling and exploiting someone's ignorance.

The question asked was are they legit? The answer is, without doubt, no.

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
Turbo DV8 said:
I guess it depends on your Wal-Mart. I bought several packs today with a matching number of coupons, and asked if the coupons could be scanned before the cells. He said no, and that the $5 is taken off after taxes on the full $8.97 are calculated, so I had to pay tax on the full amount.

Don't know if you're new to California or even to the U.S., if so, welcome!, but most states (not just California) charge sales tax on the retail store's actual price. At Wal*Mart, that price is $8.97 for a 4 pack of those batteries. The fact that you have a Manufacturer's Coupon for $5 off does not change Wal*Mart's price, it is still $8.97 and they will collect sales tax based upon that amount. Wal*Mart (or any other retailer) will receive $5 plus handling fee from the manufacturer (instead of you), but the total sale price for the retail store is still $8.97 (you pay $3.97 and Rayovac pays $5,) and they would be obligated to collect sales tax based upon that amount. On the other hand, if the scenario were that Wal*Mart took it upon themself to reduce their price on the item to $3.97, then they would only collect sales tax based upon the entire amount of the sale, which would be $3.97. The same would also apply if Wal*Mart ran the coupon instead of Rayovac. One other scenario (and I'm sure a lot of people get confused on this one) is when an individual store runs a Manufacturer's coupon (like the Costco coupon books.) In those cases the sale is treated the same as the earlier scenario with the manufacturer's coupon and tax would be charged on the full retail price that is set by the retailer.

Turbo DV8 said:
Another thing that frosted my balls, although it amounted to 10 cents, was I had purchsed about 20 packs of AA cells without coupon in another county, at 8.75% sales tax. I wanted to return the packs in my county, which has 8.25% sales tax, then repurchase the unopened packs with my coupons. When he rang up the return it only refunded me the tax at 8.25%, since I was at a Wal-Mart in a county with 8.25% tax. He said it was the way the system worked, and he could not override it. Although not a bank-breaker, I see this as unjust. You can return a Wal-Mart purchase at any Wal-Mart. If I had purchased a $1000 TV in one county, and crossed the county line to return it at another Wal-Mart and get my money back, why should the state be allowed to keep $5 of my money for a sale that for all practical purposes did not take place? Why can't the biggest retailer in America set up their system to take this into account? Am I being unreasonable?

On this point, you're right. The full amount of the sales tax should have been refunded to you. But the clerk at Wal*Mart said that he couldn't override the system, he didn't say that it couldn't be overridden. It's very possible that no one in the store knew. Let's face it, many of the people who work in retail these days aren't the sharpest tools in the shed. If you kept all the paperwork, I'm sure you could get your dime back though you might have to contact their store or regional manager to find someone who knows how to do a refund manually based upon your original sales receipt.

Latest posts