I felt weird carrying a light last night...

THE_dAY

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not trying to bash you, but maybe get a little more confidence. You shouldn't spend your time thinking what others might think about you. Being considerate is one thing, but if you feel the need to play with a light, or even use one, then by all means do so. Life is short man. Live your life the way that you see fit and don't sweat the small stuff.
His feeling weird had nothing to do with what others might have thought of him, atleast that's how I read it.
He had a light in an area which had enough ambient light so the flashlight just seemed unneeded.

Last edited:

think2x

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do I always NEED a light, No. Feel weird about carrying one EDC? NEVER, because there is always the time I WILL need one.

Chadder

Enlightened
I just got back from a 10k run tonight. I always have a light and knife hooked to the inside of my waistband. They can not be seen and they can not be felt during the run. I have used my light in the past while running in a park where several lights were out. Carry on and dont worry about what others think!

Lucciola

Enlightened
I recently pondered about sewing a tiny pocket into my sauna towel to be able to stash a small AAA light (Arc-P) and a Victorinox Classic mini knife when going to the sauna. I think I'll finally do it. Not because I need it, just for the fun of it. But yes, I feel a tiny bit weird about it. :crackup:

Mr Bigglow

Enlightened
+1

Can't help but think back to the umbrella analogy.

Speaking of that, whenever I carry an umbrella around, it clearly prevents rain. I have statistical proof! But it's also good for whacking bad things that may come my way. Same subsection of Murphy's Law applies to flashlights- and of course every once in a while it does rain, or the lights do go out. Occasionally at the same time!

abinok

Newly Enlightened
I carry several pounds of stuff everyday... most of it I rarely use. Some I have never used, and hope not to.
A flashlight is one oh the most useful things you can carry. More so than a knife, multitool, or lighter by far.

LightJaguar

Enlightened
That's why I carry a Surefire M2 so that I don't feel "weird" but rather like a man with a certain amount of style and taste :D

Not long ago I was at the house of a female friend of a friend. It was plenty lit and I took out my C2 from my pocket and placed it on the table after she asked me if I wanted a cup of coffee. I said sure and sat down. When she looked at my flashlight she looked intrigued and asked: what is that? Before I could answer she answered her own question. "Its a flashlight" she said, "it looks really nice!"

All kidding aside people that know me think I'm weird if I don't have a flashlight with me. If someone needs a flashlight they know who to ask and if I don't have one(rare) they look surprised and ask where is your flashlight?

Roger999

Enlightened
When I'm jogging in the dark, I'll always be using my flashlight since I don't want to be hit by someone reversing from their drive way.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Sometimes during daylight it seems slightly silly pocketing my EDC. Never weird to load up at night.

Geoff

wildweed

Newly Enlightened
All kidding aside people that know me think I'm weird if I don't have a flashlight with me. If someone needs a flashlight they know who to ask and if I don't have one(rare) they look surprised and ask where is your flashlight?

Same thing has happened to me..For some reason i went around 2 months without my EDC and twice i was in a situation were someone needed my light ..lol.. They were tripping i didn't have my light.. Its always on me again and gets used a lot

Last edited:

IcantC

Enlightened
I always do, but have some very dark streets here and have used it to warn oncoming traffic not paying attention and often come across skells hiding in bushes....

CreeCrazy

Newly Enlightened
I have a good friend who is always joking around and making fun of me because I always have a flashlight on me. He always asks to use it though. He knows I always have it on me and anytime he needs one I'm the first one he asks.

firelord777

Enlightened
Uhhh, no really. People are just like, "whoa dude! Thats bright! Like.. The sun!"

I carry many lights onmme sometimes, including two sets of batteries for each, and one set for the tk41 (8aa). Needless to say, I am packed!