I killed a spider with my ROP

carbine15

Flashlight Enthusiast
bedbugs are teh worst. I was in the Hilton in Seattle and a lady came down to the lobby covered in blood and screaming. Those little buggers were hungry.

LOL
true story.

Protaeus

Enlightened
plenty of spiders down under, especially during rainy weather. You throw one out, another one (or possibly the same one :)) comes back.

Not to mention some of the spiders down here are pretty nasty ie. sydney funnelweb....

I try not to kill them, but sometimes irrational fear grips me, especially when Im not expecting one and....slap.....game over....

how did you manage to cook one??? Most of them run off as soon as you try to do anything to them. You'd think it would notice that it was gettting cooked...

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is it the heat or the radiation from the hotwire that kills the insect? Or both?

I'm a save the spider guy too. My wife insists that I kill them when I see them, but I will usually try to catch them and put them outside if I can. Like others said, spiders eat the bugs we don't like, so they're kind of on our side.

Turbo_E

Enlightened
this one had to die

spider.jpg

this one lived cuz he's entertaining.

spideyandfriends.gif

igabo

Enlightened
Turbo_E said:
this one had to die

spider.jpg

this one lived cuz he's entertaining.

spideyandfriends.gif

Only those who have tried it will realize the significance of the second picture. :lolsign:

And yes, I am sinister and cruel.

jmy808

Newly Enlightened
Although spiders probably serve a purpose in nature- they serve NO purpose in my life.
SPLAT!!!
That's what I say.
Jay

Protaeus

Enlightened
leukos said:
Is it the heat or the radiation from the hotwire that kills the insect? Or both?

Well, heat is a form of radiation and it would most definately be the heat which killed it. If my A2 or M4 can burn my hand less than a minute, then an ROP definately cook a spider quicksmart.

missionaryman

Enlightened
you're obviously not from Australia - we have at least 4 species of commonly distributed spiders that can kill you if you just talk about them...
TinderBox (UK) said:
most spiders do no harm.

and should be left alone to do their job of ridding us of pain in the arse insects, that can cause a lot of damage to our homes.

regards.

HighLight

Enlightened
carbine15 said:
bedbugs are teh worst. I was in the Hilton in Seattle and a lady came down to the lobby covered in blood and screaming. Those little buggers were hungry.

LOL
true story.

Gross! Glad I never stayed at the Hilton when I was in Seattle.

carrot

Flashaholic
Oh man.... why'd I have to read this thread? :shudder:

Next spider to invade my house feels the fist of Thor... spiders scare the crap out of me.

Tritium

Enlightened
Fredinpa said:
Did you know that those dadylongs are not spiders but the are in the tick family.

You are correct. A daddy longlegs has only 6 legs and two feelers.

All spiders have 8 legs.

I wonder what a green laser of 50mw would do to one?

Thurmond

Dustin Liu

Banned
Kryosphinx said:
I feel pretty bad about it. I shoulda let it go, but it was crawling around in the bathtub.

On the side: Do spiders drown? If I were to flush it down the toilet/drain, would it drown?
It is just a spider! ;)

xochi

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think it's pretty cool that alot of you try not to kill'em, awesome! I'm pretty bad that way and even take roaches outside.

offroadcmpr

Enlightened
Out side the house, I was the kid that would put bugs in their webs and watch them eat it!

But inside the house it is a different story. Mainly because I have been bitten (several times) by a brown recluse! I don't want to go through that again.

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
If you drink sufficient spider repellant it keeps ya from seeing the suckers! :D I'll pick up a wild tarrantula- coax it to walk onto my palm, actually. They're harmless. The next black widow I encounter under my roof will experience the USL! (Given their rock-bottom albedo, I wonder if it will audibly "pop?" :D

Larry

CLHC

Flashaholic
tvodrd said:
I'll pick up a wild tarrantula- coax it to walk onto my palm, actually. They're harmless.
You Sir, are a much braver person than I am. The "wild" tarantulas I've encountered out in Tres Pinos, are as large as them Mikasa dinner plates, and them "fangs" are a half-an-inch long! Measured after they've expired of course! :huh: