I LOST MY BABY !!

Jarl

Flashlight Enthusiast
>.<

And it was all going so well up until now...

Seriously, I hope it turns up... I've lost a couple of lights temporarily, it's a horrible feeling, but they've always turned up for me. I hope you're just as lucky!

jimmy1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
The best to find a lost item is to purchase a replacement. The lost item will then magically reappear!! - That's what normally happens to me anyway.

Good luck finding your light.

James....

TKC

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am really sorry that you lost your baby!!! I hope it turns up.

Budman231

Enlightened
wait, the EX10 is 120 bones? And it is entirely made overseas?

Hell my E1B was cheaper than that.

With tritium and Ti parts it was about $120.

It was a real nice light. My son is even disappointed.

Oh well. I explained that maybe it will save someones life.

Reason for everything.

Ryanrpm

Enlightened
Were you sitting in the bleachers or standing on the sidelines? Sometimes tall grass hides things well. With tritium, you should definitely go back at night and look for the glow. Maybe sweep the area a section at a time with a bright light (with your eyes closed) then look for the glow afterward.

oregon

Enlightened
If you want to search about at the scene of your tragic loss you might consider a magnet on a stick:

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.northerntool.com/images/product/images/148912_lg.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_6970_35074_35074&usg=__TmdInDagHTw24IN-9w_aBnBmP9M=&h=400&w=400&sz=19&hl=en&start=3&tbnid=19NlNmb7sLZlqM:&tbnh=124&tbnw=124&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dnail%2Bmagnet%26gbv%3D2%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff%26ie%3DUTF-8

or, the do-it-yourself version:

http://www.wondermagnet.com/images/magnail1.jpg

I bot one at Home Depot for a few dollars and grabs onto nails quite nicely. It should attract the metal in your light and your batteries. Good luck.

oregon

Last edited:

h2oflyer

Enlightened
Really feel sorry about your loss. I've broken and messed up knives and lights by taking them apart, but losing one is the ultimate sad.

Walter

paulsl

Enlightened
Bummer. I'll keep my fingers crossed that it turns up. If not, go ahead and replace it as soon as you can so you can put the loss behind you. Good luck.

Rob187

Enlightened
I feel your pain. Hope it turns up for you.

I am still a little bit cross with my wife for losing a Photonlight II over 5 years ago. Silly but there you go.

AA6TZ

Enlightened
MAN that's a d*amn tragedy IMHO. I'm very sorry for your loss and do hope that it manages to show up. Stranger things have happened.

When this happens to me (and it does, and too often, to boot) ... it provides me with a tangible/realistic reason for purchasing another, higher-output torch. :D

Take care -- and I do hope luck is on your side.

-Clive

todo

Newly Enlightened
Replace the light it as soon as possible, the pain goes away much quicker. The real pain is not haveing the light when you need it then you regret your loss all the more, so just replace it. The pain in your wallet will pass soon.

I thought I lost my EDC LOD looked everywhere but no luck. On the third day sent for a new one. As soon as I had my new light I was good, cause the real loss was not haveing the light when I needed it. I did however end up finding my original LOD in a crease in the laundry hamper.

dmonay

Newly Enlightened
Ouch !! Sorry about your loss.
I'd be bummed too if I lost my Novatac. :mecry:
I clip it in my right back pocket most of the time.

Someone needs to come up wirh a micro sized gps tracking chip.

AA6TZ

Enlightened
Someone needs to come up wirh a micro sized gps tracking chip.
You just might be on to something here, Dmonay. Now...how to accomplish it without tripling the torch's cost? :thinking: Imagine having a flashlight (or girlfriend) retrofitted with circuitry that enabled its owner to dial a telephone number, enter a security code, whereupon the torch would begin emitting flashing pulses of light -- thereby making the job of finding the darned thing that much easier. I'd suspect that a GPS-enabled flashlight would require more expensive circuitry, however it would make the job of finding it a whole lot easier (a virtual certainty, more than likely).

In any case, it's an interesting idea. Probably too expensive today, however, given the exponential rate that technology is improving ... while its associated costs are declining, who knows what's around the corner? :thumbsup:

Cheers!

-Clive

ruriimasu

Enlightened
I can't even imagine how would it be this flashlight falling in hands of non-flashaholic people...

it will be cherished IF its set at a decent brightness. it will be treated as waste IF its set at min brightness. i feel sorry for the light if its the latter case :(