I LOST MY BABY !!

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ouch! Sorry to hear of your loss. I have a D10 with tritium piston that I would really miss too if it wondered off.

kromeke

Enlightened
Hey, look at the upshot. You might have made another CPFer.

It worked for me, after finding a SureFire U2. I had been here before then, but I had been blissful ignorance with my Arc LS for a few years. After the U2 incident, I came back into the fold and registered. And purchased.

On second thought, maybe that was a bad find.:broke: (HDS, Novatac, and Ra lights purchases...) Ignorance can be bliss...

I'm sure the original U2 owner was also disappointed, but he (or she) can take comfort that I fully appreciate the light. It is tres cool.

I'll also take comfort in that if I loose one of my lights. Karma and all...

fireguy

Newly Enlightened
You won't believe my luck. I was at a soccer game in Connecticut on Jan 31st and found this really cool light .... (ducking)

I hate losing things. And it's always the most expensive things, too. I'd keep my eye out for people out walking with a flashlight that's brighter than the normal WalMart light. Or, ask the coach to check with the parents of the soccer team's kids. Just in case someone there found it.

Budman231

Enlightened
You won't believe my luck. I was at a soccer game in Connecticut on Jan 31st and found this really cool light .... (ducking)

I hate losing things. And it's always the most expensive things, too. I'd keep my eye out for people out walking with a flashlight that's brighter than the normal WalMart light. Or, ask the coach to check with the parents of the soccer team's kids. Just in case someone there found it.

I lost it at a very large indoor venue. Literally hundreds of people in and out daily. Mostly kids. Left note at front desk but no luck so far.

Just did a glow ring in the reflector to !

Someone got a pimped out torch i'll tell you !!

burntoshine

Enlightened
hey. the ex10 is my favorite of my collection and my EDC. i carry mine in in a L1D/P2D FENIX belt holster. (i don't know why the nitecore ex10 doesn't come with a holster) it's a perfect fit; very snug. i know that doesn't help you find yours, but i would almost guarantee you won't lose your next one that way. i recommend it over a clip or lanyard. i hope you find it. one time i lost my pocket knife; turns out it was in a weird cubby hole that was part of the driver's seat in my car for over a year. i found it with my flashlight whilst looking for something else.

fireguy

Newly Enlightened
Hey fireguy, is that L.A. County Station 127 in Carson, California?
Yes it is! :twothumbs

I was at a conference about 2 hours out of LA last September. I had to make a trip to see the station - after watching the show for many years as a kid! It was really great to actually walk though the station in person.

Gary007

Newly Enlightened
Sorry to hear about your loss. Are you in the process of replacing it? I assume like a true flashaholic you have a small army of replacements to step in and do battle with darkness.

I ordered and received an EX a few days ago. I can see how it might slip out of your pocket, these lights are very small and compact. I will have to be mindful of how I carry it.

Here's my new EX keeping my Liteflux company

3256219867_84d474619e.jpg

Budman231

Enlightened
Sorry to hear about your loss. Are you in the process of replacing it? I assume like a true flashaholic you have a small army of replacements to step in and do battle with darkness.

I ordered and received an EX a few days ago. I can see how it might slip out of your pocket, these lights are very small and compact. I will have to be mindful of how I carry it.

Here's my new EX keeping my Liteflux company

3256219867_84d474619e.jpg

Hi. I have an LF3XT and P2D-R100 to tide me over. So in reality Im still in the light... I have not ordered a new one yet. I had seen a thread a while back where 7777 trickled out some "news" that there will be a super cool light coming out this year. I believe it was in the first half of 09 so I may stay in a holding pattern for a few months and see what comes out.

I really liked my EX10. It had a great hot spot and was nice and small to carry. (Apparently to small...). I miss it a lot but everything happens for a reason. :shrug:

Bud

Jarl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey BM, can you point me to that thread?

I don't have the thread, but basically 4 sevens just dropped a hint that a light with more functions and programmability than you could shake a stick at would be released sometime in the not-too-distant future that should satisfy even the most geeky flashaholic :)

Budman231

Enlightened
I don't have the thread, but basically 4 sevens just dropped a hint that a light with more functions and programmability than you could shake a stick at would be released sometime in the not-too-distant future that should satisfy even the most geeky flashaholic :)

I think it was in the dealers forum EX10 thread if I remember right.

Bud

wbp

Enlightened
Bud,

I have an idea of what you might be going through...

I lost a brand spankin' new Arc Mania Extreme 3 a couple of months ago, on the second day I carried it. I had just cemented a PAIR of trits to the tail too. I was totally bummed. I scoured everyplace I had been looking for it, went back in the dark hoping I'd be able to spot those trits. Someone got a damn fine flashlight they have no idea how to use!

I have an EX10 I am not using. I'll sell it to you for any reasonable offer in order to find it a good home and lend a hand. Send me a PM if you're interested.

William

AA6TZ

Enlightened
Bud,

I lost a brand spankin' new Arc Mania Extreme 3 a couple of months ago, on the second day I carried it. I had just cemented a PAIR of trits to the tail too. I was totally bummed. I scoured everyplace I had been looking for it, went back in the dark hoping I'd be able to spot those trits. Someone got a damn fine flashlight they have no idea how to use!

I have an EX10 I am not using. I'll sell it to you for any reasonable offer in order to find it a good home and lend a hand. Send me a PM if you're interested.

William
William,

That's very decent of you, Sir! A noble gesture indeed. I'm sorry to hear about the loss of that d*amned fine torch of yours. Maybe good ol' Karma will pay you a visit and drop-off (gratis, of course) the following three gifts in return for your kindness:
  • 1 1A
  • 3 <= The one on the bottom (of course)
Very Best Regards,

-Clive

Last edited:

wbp

Enlightened
Clive,

I was so devastated I immediately ordered a replacement. When I got it I put a lanyard on it to make it harder to lose. It spends every day in my jeans pocket.

Have not heard from Bud - either he hasn't checked this thread in a while or he isn't interested.

Thanks for the karmic "gifts" - I do have one of these coming:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/221815

That should keep me going for a while!

William

Budman231

Enlightened
Bud,

William

Thank you very much William. PM sent.

I have to say that the only thing better then the lights on CPF are the very cool people !! A wonderful community. :)

Bud