I need a Fenix L2D tail cap

cadjak

Newly Enlightened
I think we all have had those moments when we go to replace batteries in a light and we run into a leaked battery. My Fenix L2D switch no longer works. I can turn the light on if I bridge the battery to the chassis of the light. The silver ring inside the tail cap is tight. In fact it my be stuck by corrosion. Any idea where I can find a replacement tail cap at a reasonable price? Is there some other cap/switch that would interchange? I am pissed at myself for letting this happen, but not so pissed that I would give up on the light. Thanks for whatever help you can offer.

Johnbeck180

Enlightened
Any chance you could get it apart and use some automotive battery terminal cleaner or Coca Cola on it? I recently had to do that with my old 4seven's Preon. Cleaned it right up and worked fine after that. Just a thought, Sorry I couldn't help with another tail cap.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

cadjak

Newly Enlightened
Any chance you could get it apart and use some automotive battery terminal cleaner or Coca Cola on it? I recently had to do that with my old 4seven's Preon. Cleaned it right up and worked fine after that. Just a thought, Sorry I couldn't help with another tail cap.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

I'm trying to get the retaining ring off right now. So far, no luck.

derfyled

Flashlight Enthusiast
Let it soak a full night in white vinegar, then another night in WD40. You should then be able to disassemble and clean it.

Latest posts