I spent $30,000 in my first 6 Months

Status
Not open for further replies.

dlmorgan999

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just took a look at my spreadsheet, and in the last four months (since becoming a flashaholic) I've spent $13,000! :eek:

That consists of 46 total lights of which 12 are custom (meaning expensive!). So I guess you're not the only "crazy" one around here. ;)

I would hope the members here at CPF who have these wonderfully expensive flashlight collections also have riders on their insurance policy to cover their losses in case of fire or theft.

~ €hance

JemR

Newly Enlightened
Shado I think the first line on the Gatlight manual, shown in you photo, just about sums it up for me.

"Congratulations" on your collection, and "Thank you" for sharing.

dc38

Flashlight Enthusiast
On the east coast of the yoosah. In the place wher
Just some speculation here. if you ran ALL of the flashlights in this collection at once, it'd be enough to warm a rather large room during winter. The sheer volume of lights would probably blind anybody in the room, even with just the ambient light of an innocent ceiling bounce...with the whole assortment of color temperatures, I'd dare say that the light would be similar to the brightness and whiteness of the sun. o_O

dc38

Flashlight Enthusiast
On the east coast of the yoosah. In the place wher
I would hope the members here at CPF who have these wonderfully expensive flashlight collections also have riders on their insurance policy to cover their losses in case of fire or theft.

~ €hance

If that every happened, I'm sure that at least Mcgizmo would be scratching his head while hoping that one of his lights was not the fire starter lol. Although if they were all running at once... >:D

bltkmt

Enlightened
BUT i Spend a Ton on collecting old Honda Z50a mini bikes.

Now THAT I would love to see! One of my best friends had both a Honda 50 mini and 70 mini when we were growing up...great little street-legal bikes. How many do you have?

jmpaul320

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lol I don't think I've hit 1000 yet in 3 months

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

F250XLT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Awesome collection...It's definitely a sickness, because there is no other way to explain such a bad investment :thinking:

dlmorgan999

Flashlight Enthusiast
It seems though - at least for the custom lights - that they are fairly easy to sell and recoup your investment. Especially if they are rare or no longer made.

F250XLT

Flashlight Enthusiast
It seems though - at least for the custom lights - that they are fairly easy to sell and recoup your investment. Especially if they are rare or no longer made.

Not these days, hard to get your money back out of anything you buy new.

mohanjude

Flashlight Enthusiast

When I became a true flashaholic 6 months ago I convinced myself the same. After everything else I collected in the past had no real resale value (gadgets, phones etc) it was nice to see a healthy used market on cpf. Having spent countless amounts On flashlights i have now come to the conclusion that some items are hold their value while others will drop in value from new. Some items are clearly over sold and the prices are high because a handful of collectors are willing to stimulate demand. Once the collectors have their collection satisfied it will become more difficult to estimate value as price will very much depend on what the next person is willing to pay for the 'holy grail'. I have noticed recently several high end lights on CPF custom / titanium not moving and been withdrawn eventually. I hope this is just a temporary blip.

dlmorgan999

Flashlight Enthusiast
It doesn't really concern me much as I very rarely sell things once I buy them. It is an interesting observation though...

Toohotruk

Flashlight Enthusiast

~ €hance

That's really something to think about...and I would love to see the look on the face of the insurance agent when he is told the policy needs to be "upped" to cover 30K in flashlights! :duh2:

jh333233

Flashlight Enthusiast
Impressive no. of 30k (Bow)

Everyone have their own favorite
I prefer a full Surefire collection rather than McGizmo's craftsmanship:D
(If i could ever spend that money on flashlightS)

davyro

Enlightened
Your wife must be very understanding of your love of flashlights,you also must be a pretty wealthy collector.None of them things are any of our business though & all the best to you on your search for your grail light.
Your collection is totally jaw dropping,the fact you amassed it in the space of 6 months is just unbelievable.If i had that amount of disposable income,i think i'd travel to everywhere they were made & clock some air
miles seeing our world.Anyways this thread is not about me fantasizing it's about a fellow CPF member with a collection to die for & well done to him for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts