I took the dive and got a Polarion... sort of.

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: I took the dive... I got a Polarion

Hey guys,

I just ran the PF40 for 37 minutes and the light shut off, I think the thermal protection kicked in. Is there a way to get it out of protection? I checked the battery level and there's still 60% juice left. I'm assuming my only choice is waiting 'til the battery cools down.

The components are torqued at the factory so you you won't take your searchlight apart....

That being said, after exchanging communication with dudemar, heseparated components with very little effort.

This tells me, somebody prior to him elected to find out what was inside and made a concerted effort to do so. It also appears from the packaging that the light was not brand new when he received it. I wasn't there obviously when he received the package, just going off his observations.

We need to get him the correct O-ring.

Thank you so much for your assistance Ken, you are a big help.:)

While I'm happy to finally have my light, I am saddened to find out it's not brand new. I purchased the light from www.yourcornerstore.com. They claim at the very top of their home page (bolded in places by me):

"1000's of brand new products. We never sell seconds or refurbished products... you will not be disappointed!"

I am definitely disappointed in this regard. I guess some things are too good to be true...:sigh:

I will have a word with yourcornerstore.com tomorrow.

I've never removed the head from the body and now I'm curious if there is a seal on mine. What method did you guys use to unscrew the head. I can't get enough purchase on it with my paws.

Like Ken said it's pre-torqued at the factory, you're probably better off leaving it be.;) Mine just came off with a fairly simple twist.:shakehead

Last edited:

Ken J. Good

Enlightened

Please check your PM's.

In your original PM's to me, I did not see the fact that the light initially fired-up and ran for 37 minutes. That's not thermal protection initiating.

Given all the indicators, it may just be a battery that is no longer functioning correctly.

Rechargeable Lithium Ion batteries have a shelf-life and degrade over time.
This battery may be over 2-years old and is simply DOA.

Patriot

Flashaholic

Ok, thanks Ken and Dudemar. I'll leave that body join alone then.

The only other thing that I'd like to know how to do is replace the bulb in the even that I should have to. I have the bulb and have the directions but I'm unable the twist the black plastic spacer ring as is suggested in the replacement instructions. The only strap wrench that I own is wide enough that it overlaps onto the metal housing, so I'm not sure that's going to work.

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast

Please check your PM's.

In your original PM's to me, I did not see the fact that the light initially fired-up and ran for 37 minutes. That's not thermal protection initiating.

Given all the indicators, it may just be a battery that is no longer functioning correctly.

Rechargeable Lithium Ion batteries have a shelf-life and degrade over time.
This battery may be over 2-years old and is simply DOA.

PMs received and replied.

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast

So I decided to return the PF-40 and buy a brand new PF-45, which is what I should've done in the first place.:rolleyes: From this experience I learned that some things are just too good to be true, even if it's from a reputable seller. A bit more expensive to buy a new Polarion, but it's the right way to go.:twothumbs

I'm hoping to receive the light sometime soon. This time it should be perfect...:popcorn:

Last edited: