• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired I want a thrower -

Codeman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, but my future USL doesn't leave enough room in my pocket for a Ken5! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

S4MadMan

Enlightened
Tony, you should definitely to it. Here's my MC85 putting a serious hurting on my Light Meter. And this is a conservative reading too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif Many have said my Lux Meter reads too conservatively. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

No LED is going to do this. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

mc85luxreading0wn.jpg

Sway

Flashlight Enthusiast
Enter Throw Baby at a little over 1/2 mile /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

DSC00030.jpg

Dan I can't let you have all the fun and Tony you should get out more often /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gif

Later
Kelly

S4MadMan

Enlightened
Kelly: your Blitz was a very impressive thrower. I loved it. It was like a walking light saber. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Hallis: sorry, Kenshiro is not making TK Ken 5. And he said he doesn't plan to any time soon.

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
ACMarina said:
Who is the "Go-To" person for this kind of thing? My soldering skills are what you might call sub-par, or if you were really honest, you'd say that a hampster could do a better job. .

[/ QUOTE ]

ACMarina, The Sandwich Shoppe has a complete Turn-Key flashlight, Aleph 3, 2x123, DB917/TWOK for sale for $196.00 right now.

Sandwich Shoppe TK 2x123 Aleph 3 Flashlight

I'll bet you could buy just a TK Aleph 3 head from him, send Wayne Yamaguchi an email about it if you're interested.

I guarantee you won't be disappointed. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Britt

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hallis,

The recipe for a 250W thrower in a Blitz body is pretty straight forward. Did you check the link in my siggy?

I gotta second S4MadMan, that HID Blitz gets my vote for most useful and crushing light throwing tool. 60 minutes of punch in a battery pack the size of a large pocket camera...oh yeah.

Wilkey

wquiles

Flashaholic
A possible two cell pocket power house (although not hundred of lumens) is:

2xcell Vital Gear, E2C, "C" bezel, 2 rechargable CR123's, P90 lamp.

I have built such an unit and it is very small and very bright, with an estimated 20-30 minutes run time.

You could also run (or try to run) a P91 lamp in there, with the corresponding shorter runtime.

The best part is that is running on guilt-free lumens /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Will