If you can only have ONE light, what will it be?

post tenebras

Enlightened
Arc Mania Extreme Micro AA XPG-S2.

It's my newest, my nicest, my most practical, and my most impressive light. It's the only light I've wanted to carry or use since I received it a few weeks ago.

Last edited:

kramer5150

Flashaholic
SF-6P Moddoo bored for 18mm
+ Every lego part ever made for it
+ Every tailswitch ever made for it
+ Every incan LA ever made for it
+ Every LED module ever made for it
+ Every diffuser/color filter ever made for it

If this doesn't really count as "one light", then I'll just take my SF-A2 a box of primaries and be done with it.
dscn6165v.jpg

Last edited:

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast
McGizmo TI PD XP-G in a AOTH Holster (today's EDC)
or
Moddoo Triple 3 mode (white for indoors, warm for outdoors) in a bored 6P with clicky tailcap (Cerakote orange or Black HAIII) in Conceleco (spelling) holster - if clicky tailcap is Z59 then a Moddoo Ti Tail with 3 trit slots for 2x8mm trits (on order)

SuperTrouper

Enlightened
I'd have to go with the Surefire E1L.

Very handy light, when there's ambient light about or not and quite efficient with batteries.

Love what the optic does for the beam.

ProofTech

Newly Enlightened
I own a high-CRI Ra Clicky, but if I could only own one flashlight, it would probably be a 170 lumen Ra Clicky so that I wouldn't miss my larger, long-throwing flashlights quite so much and also to have more runtime when I'm not using the maximum level.

yalskey

Enlightened
To be a smart a$$...

I'll just take The Sun!

But seriously folks...

Probably a Surefire... maybe the LX2, but more likely a C2 or C3 bored for 18 mm. The reason I'd like the C2 or C3 over the LX2 is due to the whole lego-block / accessories / P60 drop-in market.

kyhunter1

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Surefire E1B. Bright enough for most tasks, thanks to 1A draw at the tail. Efficient runtime. Bombproof reliability. With a couple of extensions from JSburlys, you can run it on 2xAA. May not be the prettiest light, or have the most features, but it is solid.

the.Mtn.Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm quite happy with my Quark MiNi AA. It's small, rugged, inexpensive, multiple brightness livels, runs on a single AA battery, and has a fantastic beam. What more could you ask for?

Locoboy5150

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's tough to pick just one but if I had to, then my Fenix TK40. It still has the most perfect beam pattern for my use with a wonderful mix of flood and throw. When used on low mode, it can last for quite a long time on freshly charged Eneloops.

the.Mtn.Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
Led Lenser P7. . . Because it is not "Regulated" it will have usable light for days and days.
I'm not sure why you think unregulated is a positive trait. Yes, you might have "usable light for days and days", but you'll find that light level steadily decreasing from day one as opposed to a properly regulated light that will give you a consistent brightness for a long period of time and then gradually decrease the brightness in discrete steps as the batteries deplete until the power source is exhausted.

Dances with Flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to CPF, zbad :)
I expect you'll get quite a few replies saying "ONE light is not enough!" LOL

+1

Peak Eiger XPG-R5 10440 in brass. Absolutely beautiful, built to last longer than I will, small enough for any keychain or pocket, and incredible performance that takes care of 99% of my light needs. However, ONE light is not enough.

IMG0003-7-1.jpg

notsobrite

Newly Enlightened
i've edc'd 5 different single 123 lites and i'd have to say my current edc is by far the best: quark aa tactical. really nice floody beam, perfect ui, reliability - except when i put the clip retaining ring on backward:oops:, and, maybe most important for me, a clip that lets me use it on my hat for a headlight.

Newly Enlightened
I'd have to go with the Surefire E1L.

For a general purpose light, me too.

The 3 lumen low is more than enough light when you're actually in a dark environment. In the two years I've been carrying and using one, I've never been in a situation where the 45 lumen high didn't suffice, no matter where I was. One cell lasts me months, even with regular use.

For a light that's more appropriate to carry and use in conjunction with a handgun, I guess I'd have to go with my A2. Reliable, good output, perfect UI, and a dim, relatively efficient low mode for most tasks.

Last edited:

vasp1

Newly Enlightened
How about a box of matches and a candle. (or does that count as two?)

Otherwise Solarforce L2.