Incoming - What do you have coming in the mail??

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Literally ordered online today, on Patriot's Day here in America.
(The actual holiday.)

1- Streamlight Proploymer 3N in Black.
(Already have the neon yellow version, but it has a large crack in the body.)

2- Streamlight Jr. F-Stop.
(Love the instant transition from Spot to Flood on my 3C Feit Electric work-light. Wanted something in a smaller, more compact package. Also, wanted an SL Jr. for more years than I can count. But better lights just always took priority.)

3- Small, compact, black leather sling-bag.
(Okay, not flashlight related. But my latest doctor's visit two days ago reminded me that I hate stuffing my pockets with everything I need just to go on doctor's appointments. When I'm accompanying my elderly mother, I can use her compact purse to temporarily hold items. Last Wed. though, it was just me, by myself. Pockets stuffed to the gills. Not anymore! Found an inexpensive little sling-bag on Etsy for less than $30 that was the right size, good quality, and cheap for a sling-bag.)

tex.proud

Enlightened
A Malkoff M61NLL module with a VME head for a body I have lying around.

A Malkoff 2 X AA body for a MDC CR123 3.2v max head I have sitting here, because the CR123 body is now on a Li-Ion MDC Neutral head running a 16340.

A couple Nitecore NL169 950mAh Rechargeable RCR123A 16340 Battery that should fit the EagTac D25C that my Orbtronic 16340s wont. Well, you can use them with the head loose for the multi-mode operation, but can't fully tighten for Max.

Carry On!

iacchus

Enlightened
Some protected keepower 16340s because apparently I didn't have any protected 16340s. Just filling holes there.

Some McClicky boots from Mitch Lum to replace a bunch of MDC stock boots.

Some O-rings to slap on a couple Surefire gas pedal tailcaps because I saw somebody do it here and I wanna try it out.

@Monocrom a good sling bag is a must. I always either have a haversack or a messenger bag either with me or nearby in the vehicle. Leather or waxed canvas. Pockets can only hold so much before the lines of the pants are ruined.

6905566.jpg

tex.proud

Enlightened
I can cut the suspense, Tex. They'll fit fine. I use them every day in D25Cs. I don't feel a hint of spring bottoming / binding / overcompression. They're now my 'standard' cell for those lights.
I think it's your post in another thread about these batteries fitting a different light, but referencing the D25C that made me go buy a couple.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
@Monocrom a good sling bag is a must. I always either have a haversack or a messenger bag either with me or nearby in the vehicle. Leather or waxed canvas. Pockets can only hold so much before the lines of the pants are ruined.
Yes, if it's big and O.D. green; it's a messenger bag/satchel.
Or, if it's black and slung across a man's shoulder; it's not a purse. :cool:

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think it's your post in another thread about these batteries fitting a different light, but referencing the D25C that made me go buy a couple.
They're my 'go/no-go' gauge. If a cell fits those lights, they'll fit any (123/16340) light I have. The basic design is old enough that they were designed strictly for 123s for minimum form factor, but as you know, they're very handy lights as long as one can find something to feed them, so they're worth the effort. They're still a top favorite of mine, and I admit I have several (which is extremely rare for me) w/different LEDs.

I'll do a follow-up check on mine just to see how they're 'aging' with some cycles on them. I have no general experience w/ Nitcore cells aside from 16340 and 14500 (the latter for my D25As which have a similar length limitation), and they could all die tomorrow for all I know - but I'm not noticing any issues after using them for some months. I should re-check them though.

Heck, I could die tomorrow too, for that matter;-)

tex.proud

Enlightened
They're my 'go/no-go' gauge. If a cell fits those lights, they'll fit any (123/16340) light I have. The basic design is old enough that they were designed strictly for 123s for minimum form factor, but as you know, they're very handy lights as long as one can find something to feed them, so they're worth the effort. They're still a top favorite of mine, and I admit I have several (which is extremely rare for me) w/different LEDs.

I'll do a follow-up check on mine just to see how they're 'aging' with some cycles on them. I have no general experience w/ Nitcore cells aside from 16340 and 14500 (the latter for my D25As which have a similar length limitation), and they could all die tomorrow for all I know - but I'm not noticing any issues after using them for some months. I should re-check them though.

Heck, I could die tomorrow too, for that matter;-)
I know what you mean about them being handy. I have a couple 123 and AA versions. I recommend them to people that aren't really flashlight people, and need something simple.

I have a similar fitment problem with my new Acebeam Tac AA with Nichia 519A -V1 5000K Neutral. The USB rechargeable battery that comes with it is only 50 mm and it requires a button top. NONE of the other 14500 cells i have will work in it. I have a couple EVVA unprotected button tops coming in the mail now too. Give them a try, because my flat tops fit, but don't activate.

Carry On!

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know what you mean about them being handy. I have a couple 123 and AA versions. I recommend them to people that aren't really flashlight people, and need something simple.

I have a similar fitment problem with my new Acebeam Tac AA with Nichia 519A -V1 5000K Neutral. The USB rechargeable battery that comes with it is only 50 mm and it requires a button top. NONE of the other 14500 cells i have will work in it. I have a couple EVVA unprotected button tops coming in the mail now too. Give them a try, because my flat tops fit, but don't activate.

Carry On!
FYI: This is what I use in my D25As. The only calipers I have at home are in my loading gear, which is in boxes I can't access at the moment; however they work a treat in the D25As. NC lists them @49.5, although I can't properly verify that number at the moment.

Cheers!

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i downgraded my bike so the new one is coming kind of excited its just a peddle bike but nice spcs for the price .. i use bikes to get to store so i like back ups. plus maybe the excerise will help my mind a bit

PaladinNO

Enlightened
A good sling bag is a must. I always either have a haversack or a messenger bag either with me or nearby in the vehicle. Leather or waxed canvas. Pockets can only hold so much before the lines of the pants are ruined.
This is why I now only wear works pants, similar to Snickers 6241, when I'm going anywhere (exclusively sweat pants at home). One of the pockets on mine are designed to handle nails, so I'm not worried about a typical everyday carry load.

But if I need any more, +1 on the satchel / messenger bag! And if you need anything in between, I can recommend Cordura pouches. Just get whichever size and shape you need, and attach them to a belt.

---------

Just ordered myself some more tools, in preparation for our 3 weeks of summer:

-Nilfisk E 150.2-10 H pressure washer

-Bosch GST 160 CE jigsaw

-Hörby P4 box hand trolley

And some other bits and bobs, like a Fiskars vegetable knife, a pair of balaclavas (all I need for a night on the town, eh?), some PVC gloves (still no better), some disposable face masks, PVC steel wire ([insert criminal activity here)], some car shampoo, and a pair of outdoor timers.

...I didn't even think about it until seeing the list right now, but it seems I have inadvertently just ordered everything I need to get away with murder, including transporting and cutting up the body. And cleaning up after. Including timers to try doing it quicker the next time. >-<

Monocrom

Flashaholic
...I didn't even think about it until seeing the list right now, but it seems I have inadvertently just ordered everything I need to get away with murder, including transporting and cutting up the body. And cleaning up after. Including timers to try doing it quicker the next time. >-<
When you accidentally order everything needed to be placed on an FBI computerized watch-list. :cool:

tex.proud

Enlightened
So I have owned/carried a Malkoff MDC CR123 for quite some time. Saw the Li-Ion MDC head pop up on the site and had to get one along with the 18650 to E-Series body. Ran it like that for a bit, but wanted to try that head on the CR123 body with a 16340. This created a dilemma. I can't pair the 18650 body with the original MDC head with a max of 3.2V. I now have 2 parts lying here that don't work together. Hmmmm. What to do?

The MDC 2 x AA body arrived today! That 3.2V MDC head is back in action!

Received shipping notice on the VME head and a M61NLL.

Not pictured here is a MDC 16650 Neutral original boody style, and a M361N MD2 that graduated to a MD21700 body. So now I have a MD2 body and switch sitting there waiting for a head. What to do? Wildcat maybe?

Need More Malkoff (In my best Christopher Walken cowbell voice)

20240422_154512.jpg

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
So I have owned/carried a Malkoff MDC CR123 for quite some time. Saw the Li-Ion MDC head pop up on the site and had to get one along with the 18650 to E-Series body. Ran it like that for a bit, but wanted to try that head on the CR123 body with a 16340. This created a dilemma. I can't pair the 18650 body with the original MDC head with a max of 3.2V. I now have 2 parts lying here that don't work together. Hmmmm. What to do?

The MDC 2 x AA body arrived today! That 3.2V MDC head is back in action!

Received shipping notice on the VME head and a M61NLL.

Not pictured here is a MDC 16650 Neutral original boody style, and a M361N MD2 that graduated to a MD21700 body. So now I have a MD2 body and switch sitting there waiting for a head. What to do? Wildcat maybe?

Need More Malkoff (In my best Christopher Walken cowbell voice)

View attachment 61020
That 2xAA body would be nice with a lumens factory e series head and HO-E1A

TPA

Enlightened
Irony of ironies... I had ordered a Sawyer Squeeze water filter and it arrived last week. On a whim, I tossed it in my suitcase for a trip. Sure enough, there was a boil water notice at my destination. Great timing!

iacchus

Enlightened
A Malkoff M361 219b V3 because I wanted to try out one w/ the new specs
Another VME head because the M361 will need a home.
An E2XT just to round out the order from Gene, really. I think I'll build a pocket thrower out of it.
Do I need a pocket thrower? No, not really at all. But it'll be cool to have.

Still ruminating on what bodies to use w/ them.

Latest posts