Inova T4 or Pelican 7060 LAPD

depusm12

Flashlight Enthusiast
Personally out of the 2 I prefer the Pelican 7060, but if Inova would upgrade the T4 with a Cree XR-E or Seoul P4 that might change. But until then I'll carry my Pelican. Unless I find something better. Which could very well happen. :twothumbs

Lightraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
One of my coworkers just got one of these. He likes it and I found it about Stinger sized. He's got it in a nylon open tube holster, on the gun belt behind the gun. I wondered how secure that was, but he was confident it wouldn't fall out. He doesn't have to sit in a car seat in his current detail, though, which tends to push things up from the bottom.

Now I'm wondering if the dirt will scratch the window in short order? Isn't there a way to polish scratches out of polycarbonate with toothpaste or something?

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
As a car or houselight, the 7060 will do fine.

I'm just not too sure about long term durability under more constant usage.

-dan

pilou

Enlightened
If the T4 emitter was in the same league as the Pelikan's, it would have been a no-brainer for the T4, for me at least. But if you are looking for maximum brightness, then it is the Pelican.

But while the T4 has an older technology, the K2 isn't that old and sits somewhere between a Cree and a Lux III. My new T1 is very bright, and the T4 should be noticeably brighter. If the brightness of the T4 is sufficient for your applications, than that's what I would pick.

PS: I suspect that Inova will upgrade to the Rebel within the next 6 to 12 months.

Mad1

Enlightened
Have any of the talented guys on here swapped out the T4 emitters for a Seoul or a Cree?

electrothump

Enlightened
Checked out a 7060 at a Fry's in Texas. It out threw my Strion. The store's lights had the place lit fairly bright, but the 7060 hit the walls of the store with no problem. The beam was on the blue side in the one I was looking at. It sure has a nice tight beam. It's a pretty impressive light. As far as quality, I've had nothing but good luck with pelican lights.

DN

djblank87

Enlightened
I picked up the 7060 today and I think this is a true winner as most of you have already stated. As a prior disappointed Stinger LED owner; only due to the lack of throw on the Stinger and Lumen output, the Pelican soars above it hands down.

As a brightness freak lumens/cp I want the best bang for the buck in a small hand held light I can carry on my duty belt. I'm not a big LED guy but this light has changed my opinion somewhat.

Upside:
Size, run time, charge time, dual switch, good throw and output. All around great light. :grin2:

Downside:
I already put a small nick in the bezel, a very small nick but hey at least it is getting used. :shakehead

Even though there are beanshots for this light already up, in a few days I will go out in the desert and take some comparision shots with a few different lights. I will post the pics in this thread :naughty:

pilou

Enlightened
After much debate I just pulled the trigger on a 2007 Inova T4. How hard is it to upgrade the LED?

Very hard it seems. The light is built very tough, and taking it apart seems to require drastic measures that could destroy the light in the process. It should be a very bright light. Not as bright as a 7060, but much nicer IMHO. Just enjoy using it, and when LED technology has made a couple of other leaps, you can get another light then :grin2:

Gunner12

Flashaholic
... How much brighter is the Pelican 7060 over the Inova T4 K2?
I think this post answers you question. The T3 is supposably only 25 lumens less then the T4 so the beamshots are pretty close to what you will see in real life. From this review.
I love/hate to watch the show cops. I call it the "just shoot 'em show" because the whole thime I watch it I am yelling, "just freakin shoot him!" I give it up to the people who serve and protect us who in my opinion must show waaaay too much restraint.

That being said, The 7060 has a lot of merits over any (at least stock) maglight. Expecially in constant levels of brightness. Here are some 85 yard shots I put in the led section but they dissipeared quickly. A mag light does not (especially at the 3 cell level) light up distant targets and their surroundings as well as the 7060. Nor do the new Inova lights.

New 3x123a 2007 Inova T3: Gate at 85 yards:
1178922373_1ed016d16e.jpg

Now the 7060 gate at 85 yards:
1179787838_2983cb1e96.jpg

A 2 or 3 cell mag is not going to light up the gate at this iistance or the surrounding area as well as the 7060 will do for a hour and a half. So I believe the 7060 leaves cops way better off than quickly dimming maglights. Now we just need courts that let cops do their difficult jobs without fear of getting sued because they broke a dangerous perps nail...or knee for that matter.:twothumbs After all, a well lit person makes a better target than a barely visible one.