Insanely bright with tight beam around $200~ (Replace Fenix PD35)

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Ironically, I can definitely recommend two Nitecore chargers that can handle 21700 cells. The Ul1, and the two-bay Ul2.

Personal favorites of mine since any rechargeable cell that will fit, WILL get charged up. Only slight negative is that they are USB-B, not USB-C when it comes to charging. But both come with the needed charging cables.

MyUsernameTX

Newly Enlightened
Yeah, that is a real shame its not USB-C PD, Looking at the Nitecore UMS4 currently, not too bad

MyUsernameTX

Newly Enlightened
I'm very tempted to also get the FENIX HT30R in the future, very cool.

I do wish it didn't have the USB charging etc, just things that will date the flashlight. I can charge batteries on my own!

DRW

Enlightened

I do wish it didn't have the USB charging etc, just things that will date the flashlight. I can charge batteries on my own!
You can take the battery out of it and charge any way you would like. There is certainly convience having it available on the light. By the time USB C/LEP/21700 is old school, as a flashaholic, you just move on.

I thought of the USB C as a desirable feature, so much so, that I replaced almost all of my lights that don't charge via USB C.

Glad the hound dog fits your needs.

MyUsernameTX

Newly Enlightened
I just figure the more stuff in there, the more to go wrong, and the more weight. For my use case, I generally just have fresh batteries ready to go and swap them out

RWT1405

Flashlight Enthusiast

I just got a HT30R in the other day, it is pretty cool!

I've only had the chance to try it out a few times, but I can see the potential.

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since you have a big baller budget:

If you want to buy a replacement light every year then buy a chinese light.

If you want to buy a light that lasts forever then get a Malkoff or Elzetta. I'm sure Surefire is great, I just don't have one

Last edited:

MyUsernameTX

Newly Enlightened
Printing some dual 18650 cases to keep on hand with it for spares

1700251696341.jpeg

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

Vinh says this light topped the best compact high output thrower ever,,, the K30 GT

12V (18650s') with optic

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Printing some dual 18650 cases to keep on hand with it for spares

View attachment 52538
That design looks familiar. If you every stumble across the moron who originally came up with that 3D-printed design for rechargeable lithium-ion battery holders, let him know his measurements for 21700s is wrong! They never fit. I have so many of those brightly colored, 3D-printed battery holders. I just put my 18650s into the ones claimed to be for 21700s because at least then I don't have to chuck the battery holders into the garbage can.

Took me awhile to realize everyone selling those 2x21700 holders on Etsy was going off of the same stupidly mis-measured design!

For 21700, seems the only option is the delrin single-21700 battery lockers sold by County Comm. But those are pricey, and stink of rotten fish after a couple of months.

MyUsernameTX

Newly Enlightened
Where are y'all getting your 18650's? I ordered a bunch from Illumn including some RCR123's last Sunday, and they still had not shipped. I emailed them and they said the RCR123's are on backorder (Despite showing in stock) so it hasn't shipped and won't for a while. I guess it was too much work to just tell me that pre-emptily. Cancelled the entire order

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Where are y'all getting your 18650's? I ordered a bunch from Illumn including some RCR123's last Sunday, and they still had not shipped. I emailed them and they said the RCR123's are on backorder (Despite showing in stock) so it hasn't shipped and won't for a while. I guess it was too much work to just tell me that pre-emptily. Cancelled the entire order
Here you go....

Lips

Flashlight Enthusiast

They did that to my order a couple of times and I was waiting on power for new lights. They should fix there system as it causes issues with customers needing batteries for lights arriving... Part in stock and part not.

They are on thin margins with stiff competition and would cost them extra to split shipping. Probably better in the long run to mark it out of stock and be up front about charging for the shipping...

MyUsernameTX

Newly Enlightened
Ended up ordering from IMRBatteries.com, lets see how they do

Got the protected cells for the dual 18650 Hound Dog, and the unprotected for the rest of my regular single 18650 lights

1700262298444.png