Inside a 7-11 this morning:

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
great story, i think its safe to say that we all live for moments like this. Had one small moment like that the other night, we were heading into this club and the security guy was checking bags using something that looked like a 2xAA light (single mode, non Mag), had no idea where he got it.

He was peering into my friend's bag and the output was kinda dim, above a niteize 3 led drop in but below a P4 Ultrafire C3 and was having trouble seeing.

You shoulda seen his face when a light shone over his shoulder, illuminating the bag's contents, the entrance foyer and lit up the place. When he turned around he saw my EX10 R2 on max running on RCR123, his look was priceless as was his colleague using a 3D mag with stock LED drop in.

jimmy1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
great story, i think its safe to say that we all live for moments like this. Had one small moment like that the other night, we were heading into this club and the security guy was checking bags using something that looked like a 2xAA light (single mode, non Mag), had no idea where he got it.

He was peering into my friend's bag and the output was kinda dim, above a niteize 3 led drop in but below a P4 Ultrafire C3 and was having trouble seeing.

You shoulda seen his face when a light shone over his shoulder, illuminating the bag's contents, the entrance foyer and lit up the place. When he turned around he saw my EX10 R2 on max running on RCR123, his look was priceless as was his colleague using a 3D mag with stock LED drop in.
Good story. Some people are amazed at the power of an EX10 running a RCR123.

James....:)

Magic Matt

Enlightened
I think it's really funny when people say "my batteries must be running flat" because they can't understand how a flashlight can be so bright... especially when they then look in the end of their flashlight and turn it on and off looking very confused.

:crackup:

curtispdx

Enlightened
LOL! Maybe we'll soon be seeing a new CPFer named 7-11clerk. I think he'd fit in well here.

His first post will go like this:

7-11clerk: Hey guys, what's the best upgrade for my 5D Mag Light?

Answer: Uh, new batteries. (The batteries in that thing were antiques! Sunbeams? They still make those?)

DuncanHynes

Newly Enlightened
Ummm, you have a Wildcat on your hip!? Good heavens man! Lucky *****! :sigh:

Last edited by a moderator:

curtispdx

Enlightened
Well, I was in there this morning and the first thing he said to me was: "You have gift for me?" :naughty:

I tried to encourage him to visit here but he didn't seem that interested. Ah well, win some and lose some. I'll work on the clerk in the post office...