Insight Technology H2X Typhoon??? Same as Gladius!!

greenstuffs

Banned
Hi waynejitsu
I have this lite on order and i need to call them to confirm it, i mean you can't do better than that for $120. But after hearing what you say i may not complete the order we all know botac is a hassle to deal with.
My questions are
Would you still think this is a great flashlight? Is your flaw isolated or found in most lights?
THX
waynejitsu said:
This is the same:)
I spoke to them personally and was informed by Insight Technology they made the Gladius for Blackhawk and this is the same light, exactly...,
So, looks like a lot of rumors, misinformation and internet gossip in incorrect...,
And now, the good news!!! I now have one and love the function, I just wish it was reliable:(

The light may suddenly stop burning and leave you in the dark.
I know about the "problem" of using the light on high for extended periods of time, however, I was using it at about 1/4 the power.
This has happened quite a few times now and it is not running hot, barely warm.

I am thinking about returning it...

waynejitsu

Enlightened
I may hav it narrowed down to using rechargables, only time will tell as I am trying to find a definate, repeatable pattern.

Stay away from botac, just a suggestion...,
besides, $120 is gone already, looked like a teaser.

waynejitsu

Enlightened
If you guy's are not in a big hurry..., I just ordered a Blackhawk Gladius, same color too!

I want to compare for myself and see if there really is not any difference.
This should be interesting.
Won't ship until Tuesday because of the holiday's, but "hope" to have it for next weekend, which is perfect, I have a small surgey friday, so I can take it easy and really check out the 2 lights comparitivly:)

redburn_38

Newly Enlightened
REVISED POST

+1 on the WOE's from BOTAC :mad: . Though I did receive my Insight Typhoon (and yes it is made by Insight who also was the contract manufacturer for Blackhawk's Gladius now sold under the "Night OPS" company name) within a week, the second portion of my order for the Insight M6X has not yet been refunded as they promised. Waited for over 2 weeks for a product they said would ship in 2-3 days so I called and called and called and finally got a rude customer service rep (standard with them) and she informed me that I would see a refund credited to my credit card account within 24-48 hours and an email verifying this which has yet to happen almost 5 days later :awman: .

(**Be forewarned they do have very very poor integrity and service....read up on them.....good thread from subguns forum on one company order for a government purchase from a private vendor and store owner that took over a year for a refund)

Aside from talking about BOTAC and their poor customer service, I would like to say that the "Insight Typhoon" is quality and just make sure you screw on the tail cap properly and extremely tight for proper battery contact or you might sit there and scratch your head as to why it does not work for several frustrating minutes.

I will post an update to all in this forum immediately upon receiving my refund from Botac to update all and give some credit to their company when and if it is done. And yes the product is currently on backorder from them anyways and I think I have covered what kind of experience you are in for with out of stock items in regards to them.

Thanks,

Redburn_38

P.S. As Insight has just began to start selling the "Typhoon" (Gladius Clone) under their own name, any information on retailers online who are carrying this item other than BOTAC would be appreciated as some of the other members of my department want one but will not order from BOTAC.

redburn_38

Newly Enlightened
And as I said, I would post when BOTAC refunded my money ...... they have and it just posted to my bank account :twothumbs . Thanks BOTAC.

Unfortunately my shopping experience was still lacking any luster and I will have to think long and hard about placing an order with them again.

waynejitsu

Enlightened
My Blackhawk arrived!!!

Side by side, looking at them, they look exactly alike.

Turn both on high, the Gladius is whiter and brighter.

Turn both on low, the H2X goes lower.

Everything else is the same...,

About 2 weeks later, I had to finally return my H2X.
It started by shutting off at any unexpected time.
It wound up getting more and more frequent until finally it just does not light any more, not at all.
So I had to return it to Insight...,
Hopefully it will not take long, or give me a new light:)

Hope this helps...

michfootball5

Newly Enlightened
i bought the insight light h2x typhoon it is the same exact light as the blackhawk comes in the same box just different name. great light try tatedefense.com it sells for $119 all the time any color.

Patriot

Flashaholic
i bought the insight light h2x typhoon it is the same exact light as the blackhawk comes in the same box just different name. great light try tatedefense.com it sells for $119 all the time any color.

Serious thread revival going on here. Looks like a great deal too.