Interesting worklight for mechanic / HVAC plumbing

Rstype

Flashlight Enthusiast
So I work in plumbing and have used a variety of lights for work from malkoffs, surefires, the Milwaukee portable handheld lights etc.

Nowadays I find myself carrying a AAA maratac light, and a stream light strion switchblade.

What surprises me is that the strion switchblade. I'm not big on floods lights or even stick lights. But this one somehow checks all my check marks for lights that have proven useful for my work.

If it's dark in my area of work I could just hang it using its integrated hook hidden at the base. I could mount it on metal surfaces due to the magnetic base.
Bright at 400 lumens, has both bright white and softer high cri type light.
And A UV function that will prove useful once I start learning more and more about HVAC.
Also the Primers for PVC joints they have us use for plumbing can be noticed using UV light.

Small enough I could put it on my carpenters pants pocket folded up and ready for work.

My only gripe, well sorta just a bummer, is the battery. It's replaceable but proprietary. Stream light model battery with its stream light design. So I can't fit the battery on my normal battery carriers. But the light is rechargeable :)

Just thought it might be helpful option if anyone is looking for something like this light.
I found out about only because a co worker uses it.

Thanks for reading ! Have a good one everyone.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    323.3 KB · Views: 44
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    194.2 KB · Views: 39
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    261.4 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought a Stinger Switchblade (like this but bigger) and it's fine but the design is a little confusing. There's the slightly brighter cool light on one side of the stick and the high CRI light on the other. But each one points in a certain direction that has a limited arc on the pivoting stick. Like, the the cool light mostly points up and the warm light mostly points down.

I wish the stick had another 90° of movement so you could use either side, plus a level control would be nice.

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanx. I'd never heard any user feedback on these. I use Strions already (have for a good dozen+ years), so I should have one of these!

My only gripe, well sorta just a bummer, is the battery.

The good news is that they're very high quality cells with a long service life - so there's that.