Introducing "PTS2"

Fixmaster-J

Newly Enlightened
Hi modamag,
I hope you can help me. I have a mag 4D, pts2-D and 3 Seoul P4 led's.
I have some LXHL-NX05 lenses but i was wondering what would work better lenses or reflector's?
I have an old type of mag head so i cant screw the head in but if i remove the screw-tap then the heatsink will fit using the p4's and the lenses (pushing the lenses against the mag lens).
Or is it better to have the new head and screw the heatsink in and use reflectors?
When using a new type of head and so20's will the reflector push against the maglite lens? Or do you glue them to the P4 star?
What is best to do, push them against the mag lens or glue them to the led?
Hope you can help.
Tnx,
Jasper

Enlightened
Hi Fixmaster-J,

Try CPF member Photonfanatic. He has a sales thread in "Dealer's Corner".

Good Luck,
Chris

modamag

Flashlight Enthusiast
yes they can be used but you will need something (eg hot glue) to keep the optic from floating since lens pressure will not be applied.

Fixmaster-J

Newly Enlightened
yes they can be used but you will need something (eg hot glue) to keep the optic from floating since lens pressure will not be applied.

Tnx for the Tip. I have an old type of mag head. So i cant screw the heatsink in the head. When i remove the screw-tap from the heatsink i think it will fit with the lenses because the old type of head isnt as high as the new one.
But hotglue will keep the lenses in place?
I thought that a lens maybe will give less light then a reflector but i'm wrong then?

Aepoc

Enlightened
Thank you, but the shoppe only has C size available... I require a Mag D sized heat sink. Please let me know if you hear anything their availability and if more will be available, when...

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
what size copper sinkpads etc would work in a Perfect Tri-Star Sink PTS-2 D?

I'm thinking of getting 3x XP-G2 LEDs and putting 'em inside three McR17XR reflectors for my first-ever mag mod.

Sway

Flashlight Enthusiast
A 20mm star sinkpad should work. The PTS2 was a little tight so test fit the stars and file them down as needed for a good fit.

Sway

Flashlight Enthusiast
I tried the McR17's back in the day, they worked OK but I liked the IMS 20mm reflector better. The legs on the back of the reflector set into the cutouts on the star and make it much easier to keep everything lined up when you're tightening the bezel down on the lens.

What host and driver are you looking at?

Later
Kelly