Introducing the Mag-Tac MAG-MONSTER!

aerosupply

Newly Enlightened
Hi All:wave: -Fooled around a little with our company's Industrial Laser Engraver/Cutter and made some plastic holders for the Mag-Lite Mag-Tac flashlight. This beast is BRIGHT, it is somewhere between my new SkyRay 4x XM-L2 and TM 26 in throw (spill on the SkyRay is better though). Also engraved the new "logo" on the barrels in our machine here. Let me know what you think, it fits the hand perfectly and came out quite nice actually, IMO :)
IMG_0911.JPG
IMG_0912.JPG
IMG_0913.JPG

Last edited:

aerosupply

Newly Enlightened
Re: Introducing the Mag-Lite MAG-MONSTER!

Love it! Beamshots?
Hi Thirsty Turtle! Will try, but this with beamshots is all new to me, so not 100% sure how to do it, but will try this evening with my Iphone and see if it works and Compare this with my new TM26 and SkyRay 4x XM-L2

aerosupply

Newly Enlightened

Took some beamshots yesterday... They are in this order (Most powerful center beam first, weakest last): Nitecore TM26, "Mag-Monster", SkyRay 4x XM-L2, Nitecore EA4W. Please bear with me since this is my first attempt at beamshots, took them in our garden, pointed up just above the kids tree-house, distance appx. 40 yards to that tree. The second shot with the MAg-Monster is unfortunately not focused and I didn't notice that yesterday evening in the dark, looking at my Iphone. In real life the center beam (throw) on the Mag-Monster is more powerful than the SkyRay, but the SKy Ray is the King of spill for sure, it lights up my whole garden even though it doesn't have the powerful center beam of the two first ones.
IMG_0934.JPG
IMG_0935.JPG
IMG_0932.JPG
IMG_0933.JPG

Last edited:

ThirstyTurtle

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks for the beamshots! I've always thought it would be kind of cool to just strap a few smaller lights together for high power fun, you've done that in a much more elegant and efficient way than I would have (zip ties?)

aerosupply

Newly Enlightened

Thanks for the beamshots! I've always thought it would be kind of cool to just strap a few smaller lights together for high power fun, you've done that in a much more elegant and efficient way than I would have (zip ties?)

Hi Thirsty Turtle. I sanded the contact surfaces on the plastic pieces a bit rough and then just put a drop of superglue that "soaked in" on each joint. The matte surface of the MagTac is excellent for bonding superglue to...

Latest posts