Introduction...

GTi474

Newly Enlightened
Hey all,
New to the board as far as posting goes. Been lurking for a few weeks gathering info. I started off like most of you I guess, with a ROP. Now tinkering with LED's etc.

Looked for a proper place to introduce myself, and if this is the wrong place, I apologize to the admins. I am a LEO in CO, and work at night, so lighting is a job necessity, not just a hobby for me. I was astonished to find out that there are lights out there that most LEO's know nothing about. Most of us spend our hard earned money on lights that just don't get the job done. A lot of lights bill themselves as the brightest, or the most compact, or whatever in our cop magazines, but they really aren't. Glad to find the "answer."

I will have to admit, I've been bitten....hard. Already dreaming of a single D-Cell aspheric, etc. Nice to meet you all.

A lot of the stuff that I have seen pictures of on here are absolute works of art. I dream of stuff like that. Absolutely beautiful. I mean, I have seen some of the work you guys (modders) do, and I would be hanging that on the wall. I thought I spent a lot of money on my M4 (AR-15 to the layman, except select-fire) but now I see I have something else to spend it on!!

I am assuming there are a lot of LEO's on here, based on the fact that a flashlight is one of our most used, abused, and necessary tools. Is that the case?

:welcome:
I know what you mean about all the claims in the LEO magazines. A lot of it is really terrible imho. Luckily you've found one of the great repositories for flashlight knowledge and can enlighten fellow officers you work with as well.

Definitely several LEOs who've introduced themselves around here so you shold find some good opinions on duty tested lights.

And heck if you've been bitten hard enough you'll buy yourself one of those works of art. Some of the modders here are absolute masters, I agree. :D

:welcome:

Get your fellow LEO's in here, or better yet pass your new found knowledge on to them.

Most of all, Thank You, for the job you do.

Braddah_Bill

I was astonished to find out that there are lights out there that most LEO's know nothing about. Most of us spend our hard earned money on lights that just don't get the job done.

Thanks for the warm welcome!!

And yes, I am "spreading the gospel" to my fellow LEO's every night. All it took was the first time I broke out my ROP on a track through some nasty stuff. Really made the job easier. My Streamlight XT, while easy to carry, just wouldn't have gotten the job done!!