Is it my imagination or, is this Forum declining?

CHNeal

Enlightened
I will say that I was put off just a bit after logging in the week before last for the first time in 6 months or so and I immediately got a solicitation email from someone called Jelly whom I had never heard of at that point welcoming me back and asking for money for a membership. I knew things were going to be different right away.
Now don't get me wrong I have been a paying member here a few times over the years and have no problem supporting the forum but that just seemed cheap and desperate. To me it screamed sinking ship but maybe that's how the world is now In the Go Fund Me.
These are just the thoughts of an aging redneck and no insult or disrespect was meant.

Last edited:

daffy

Enlightened
I've noticed a decline in frequency and content in the last two months. Posts are fewer, vapid and of mostly little useful interest.

Is anyone noticing the lackluster energy here?
Yes it's nothing like it was when i joined.

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
When I first started here, many years ago, the only way to get a half decent powerful light was to pay a modder or big company hundreds of dollars. Those days have come and gone. You can now get a top of the line light to do everything you wanted to do for well under $100.

There's really not much to discuss about them anymore, other than when a new emitter is released. You spent $25 bucks, get a kick *** light, use it, and you're on your way. No reason to have 10 pages worth of discussion concerning the product anymore.

Duster1671

Enlightened
Seasonal interest is absolutely true for me.

A couple of years ago I went through my receipts and plotted 13 years of flashlight purchases by month. Here was the result:

xrDqtW9.png

And here I am again on CPF in October. Also notice my join date...

I'm a new member, joining in June. I'm still doing a LOT of reading and learning. I don't have very expensive lights YET but I do like learning about , reading reviews about, general discussions, all that stuff, about lights. My light inventory has increased a fair amount since I've been here....but I've ALWAYS liked lights. I played around with different Rayovac Sportsman lights as a kids, comparing the beams. In my work in public safety I've used various MagLites and Streamlights, Pelicans etc. Carried a Minimag on my belt for 30 years. I think you guys and the forum are a great resource and hope to be able to contribute.
I still have my first Ray-O-Vac Sportsman. 🔦 The bulb is long gone, but I still have that light. (y)

scout24

Flashaholic

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interesting post to see as I haven't been on the forum in months - the tab didn't auto login on firefox one day & I just ignored it. I think it's a combination of the above. Certainly the lights I bought years ago still more than do the job for me and everything nbp posted. The custom stuff is what really brought me here.

Latest posts