Is PK now working for Jetbeam?

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Ok, so homie designs flashlights. With me so far?

He was designing one and was going to call a PL-2.

Now here's where it get's tricky so pay attention. He leaves the office where he designs said flashlights. Walks to a store for oh I dunno a pack of crackers or a can of beer. That parts's not important.

What's important is when he goes to pay for said pack of crackers he sees in a glass display case at the cash registor the very flashlight he hasn't even begun to sell yet.

Some subjects* are better discussed in the Underground for the sole reason of keeping CPF Proper a friendly place to discuss all manner of uncontentious subjects.

E.g.* -
Religion
Politics
Sex
Profanity

I recall Greta stating she wanted CPF to be a place where schoolteachers would feel at ease directing students to visit for information concerning all things illuminating.

Kestrel

Flashaholic
Some subjects* are better discussed in the Underground for the sole reason of keeping CPF Proper a friendly place to discuss all manner of uncontentious subjects.

E.g.* -
Religion
Politics
Sex
Profanity

I recall Greta stating she wanted CPF to be a place where schoolteachers would feel at ease directing students to visit for information concerning all things illuminating.
Why bother taking it to the underground if membership can merely drag CPF Main down to this level ?

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok, so homie designs flashlights. With me so far?

He was designing one and was going to call a PL-2.

Now here's where it get's tricky so pay attention. He leaves the office where he designs said flashlights. Walks to a store for oh I dunno a pack of crackers or a can of beer. That parts's not important.

What's important is when he goes to pay for said pack of crackers he sees in a glass display case at the cash registor the very flashlight he hasn't even begun to sell yet.
Industrial espionage? Someone inside the company stole/leaked his design?

bykfixer

Flashaholic

E.g.* -
Religion
Politics
Sex
Profanity

Have you seen what they teach in schools these days? 😱

Anyway, btt; PK once said he was used to his ideas being stolen from the SureFire days. But while he was doing the PKDL consumer thing engineers came and went like changing socks. It's one reason he's under the radar these days.

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast

E.g.* -
Religion
Politics
Sex
Profanity

I've never visited there ('Underground'), and have no intention of doing so. That said, I find post 42 (and 44) to be of interest (personally), inform-ative, and if indeed an accurate account, also of value in understanding how the flashlight industry works, both here and abroad. If I were a schoolteacher, I would feel no differently, and if I had kids old enough to use this site, would think it of value to their understanding. Those posts are (apparently) 'factual', not opinion. That's an important distinction. Let's not overreact. Perhaps I missed an errant post somewhere, but am also not in favor of throwing the baby out with the bath water. Otherwise, if someone finds the facts of that story embarassing, then let them be embarrassed. Perhaps someone should be, but not likely anyone reading this thread. If there's a post in this thread that I'm neglecting that violates the TOS, let that be dealt with as provided for and as appropriate.

I've never visited there ('Underground'), and have no intention of doing so. That said, I find post 42 (and 44) to be of interest (personally), inform-ative, and if indeed an accurate account, also of value in understanding how the flashlight industry works, both here and abroad. If I were a schoolteacher, I would feel no differently, and if I had kids old enough to use this site, would think it of value to their understanding. Those posts are (apparently) 'factual', not opinion. That's an important distinction. Let's not overreact. Perhaps I missed an errant post somewhere, but am also not in favor of throwing the baby out with the bath water. Otherwise, if someone finds the facts of that story embarassing, then let them be embarrassed. Perhaps someone should be, but not likely anyone reading this thread. If there's a post in this thread that I'm neglecting that violates the TOS, let that be dealt with as provided for and as appropriate.

FWIW - I don't have any issues with either of the listed posts. Nor do I believe they cross the TOS line.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
For what it's worth Mr Sol Man and I were trading friendly jibes with one another in those two listed posts.

Here's one light PK built nobody has duplicated yet...
_storage_emulated_0_PhotoEditor_IMG_20180129_220948.jpeg

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast

E.g.* -
Religion
Politics
Sex
Profanity

CG, some of what you listed describes PK. Sex, profanity, forgot the alcohol and partying 🥳

His antics along with his genius is why he's so loved (-;