Is the ARC AAA officially a Classic??

Blue72

Flashlight Enthusiast
After some recent posts of many members posting for their fondness for the ARC AAA. Has the ARC officially reached "classic" status? Many flashlights on the market are more advance and for less money. But this little booger still captures the heart of many of you (including me) and seems to withstand the test of time.

Here is a video on this great flashlight
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnpMKC77TFg

ragweed

Enlightened
It is most likely a Classic but, don't count on it being worth much if you try to sell one. JMO

Blue72

Flashlight Enthusiast
That would be like selling one of my old incandescent minimag! :)

Not worth much, but its definitely a keeper

Robocop

Moderator, *Mammoth Killer*
I believe the original Arc can be considered a classic.....at least among many of us older CPF members. It was the Arc AAA that led so many of us here however for most average people they have most likely never seen an Arc AAA.

The more rare versions such as the Camo or CPF specials are surely considered a classic in my opinion. Way back when the AAA Arc was "cutting edge" and for a very long time what all others were compared to. If for nothing more than old memories and years of dedicated service the old Arc AAAs I have are surely classics to me.

Moka

Enlightened
Definitely a classic! It's still the AAA light others are compared to, as was mentioned before they were once cutting edge... They're still kicking and still bulletproof...
I know I'll never get rid of mine... =)

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
I think all the Arcs could be considered classics. They marked the start of this hobby for many of us. Definitely keepers.

Geoff

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Absolutely! The ARC AAA has been a classic for a while now. I think I've given my last one away, as I was never too fond of the light from those leds, but the light is a certified classic. The really early ones would be good for a flashlight collection.

tricker

Enlightened
yes...i had many of the colored LED arcs and cpf colored body editions but sold them off after the arc 6 fiasco....i miss them:sick:, but i still have a couple of premiums that do regular rotation on the keychain

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
I love them, also. I have a few in reserve. My wife has one on her key ring, it is thrashed looking, but it works fine, I maintain an eneloop in it, lube the threads, and Deoxit is from time to time.

I want to get one in UV. Really hope the company stays around for a while.