Is there 10K+ Lumens, 100K LUX flashlight with a clip and won't melt your hand?

RCLumens

Enlightened
With all do respect - yes it's a real request, and am not looking for anything custom. I posted here on the forums in looking for a new yard blaster. I wound up picking up the Fenix LR35R as an upgrade to my Olight R50. Definite upgrade in terms of beam - (I did post some pics on the yard blaster thread)

Things I like about the Fenix is form/size factor and that it has a clip. The belt clip is great and very usable imo. The beam is nice as well, HOWEVER... I do wish it punched out a bit farther. The spill is very nice as is the runtime.

I don't need full blast turbo modes for extended periods. 1-2 min I would say max. If I need to spot something way way out, I use my Acebeam X65. So... This brings me now to the Acebeam X45 - The 2.0 version is rated at 18K lumens and 100K or so LUX, so that could very well fit the bill as far as beam profile. My ask here to our wonder forum members is, is there anything with those types of lumens/lux numbers that has a belt clip and is smaller?

Would love to hear any feedback from X45 owners in comparison and if someone has both the LR and X45, I'm certainly all ears. Anything else I might be missing as well, all ears.

Thanks to all in advance!

~RC

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Careful about equating lux on a super-bright light, with lux from a more traditional thrower. The lux on your target may be the same, but with the massive wall of light from your pocket-heater, you won't be able to see much at a distance. Your eyes simply shut down their sensitivity and pupils, so you'll see a lot of light up close, and a lot of black in the distance. With a thrower, you're mainly just illuminating at a distance, so your pupils are wide and your eyes are sensitive to that light on the target.

If you want to see something one or two hundred yards away, you pretty-much have to use a thrower, regardless of how many lumens you use.

Chicken Drumstick

Flashlight Enthusiast
I suppose you could tape 8 Noctigon KR1's together to get your desired result. Although it would be big and heavy ;)

otherwise I suspect it is a bit of a TARDIS type question.

Truckvet

Newly Enlightened

I don't need full blast turbo modes for extended periods. 1-2 min I would say max. If I need to spot something way way out, I use my Acebeam X65. So... This brings me now to the Acebeam X45 - The 2.0 version is rated at 18K lumens and 100K or so LUX, so that could very well fit the bill as far as beam profile. My ask here to our wonder forum members is, is there anything with those types of lumens/lux numbers that has a belt clip and is smaller?

~RC

What tends to happen when you have 18000 lumens in a Flashlight half the size is that people burn
themselves and complain, or catch their pants on fire. At least thats what happens with 3500 lumens.

Reason that Acebeam is so large is to let off heat. If you read a bunch of reviews you will find
that some flashlights do break due to heat.

One thing I have been looking for is a thrower that has a head of less than an inch and a half
and can throw a thousand meters because I work early in the morning and would carry it in
my pocket the rest of the day.

The Fenix TK30 will do that, but it doe not have nearly the Lumens you want. It's also costs
over $220 because its a laser Flashlight.

RCLumens

Enlightened
Thank you all for the excellent feedback. I'd usually break out the responses, but given the gravity towards TARDIS, I'd say one of the first things I thought of when posting is, YES, I figured my eyes would give way to actual LUX figures given the flood brightness of something that is pumping out those flood lumens. Am not looking for a laser light, although the size is nice. Perhaps my question relates then to a nice wide and steady spot beam that goes to 100K lux ish. The widest hot spot with little spill. As for beam descriptions, the Acebeam L30 had a good beam profile as for matching enough spill that didn't wash out the spot down range. Anything brighter with similar profile? Maybe not. I'd sacrifice the clip if need be.

RCLumens

Enlightened
Now we're talking @Alohasurftoad - Thank you! Any experience between the XHP 50.2 & SST 40? Also any US Dealers?

Chicken Drumstick

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now we're talking @Alohasurftoad - Thank you! Any experience between the XHP 50.2 & SST 40? Also any US Dealers?
XHP50.2 is bigger and will make more lumens with a bigger less intense hotspot and brighter spill. The SST-40 is physically smaller and will have a more intense hot spot but smaller and duller spill beam.

The result is the SST-40 will offer more throw and a more concentrated beam. I'd also say the tint is likely to be slightly better with the SST-40.

However I'd say the difference isn't huge and either would make for a great light. Just depends if you want max lumens fir your buck or if the extended throw would be useful.

alohasurftoad

Enlightened
i don't have experience with astrolux yet, however banggood has some good deals occasionally and i've been thinking of trying them out. unfortunately i don't know of US dealers. i like SST-40 W(warm) 5000K-ish, warm side of neutral tints and is what i'd get for me.

as Chicken Drumstick stated, it seems you need the xhp if you want 11000 lumens

a vid... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxyfJuKTzik&t=869s

xhp50.2 11000lumens, 74000cd
sst-40 7000lumens, 102280cd

i guess this doesn't really match what you're looking for. it's too close to your fenix LR35R, imo.

Last edited: