Isn't this cute:

Re: Isn\'t this cute:

Hi i ordered a half dozen or so in various configs from the guy, $4 a pop and i'm hoping he'll
:
:
:
:combine shipping on the lotm, would be sweet, from China
it's sad to say but these Chinese lights are getting better goes without sayign half of them are crap, but he's using 10k bulbs in these, i've asked if he can shoot it up to 23k or higher 3 or 5mm, see what he says.. anyway i use LS14500 SAFS on my 1aa stuff, clip off the end thing and it works great, and last 2-3 days. NON STOP! it is BRIGHT, i mean wow more than a Luxeon and a good non focusable beam nice job altho i'd love the back to be nore reflective to waste not all the stray photons lol

maybe they are good for alkaline

but with NiMH, i think a DD 3W Luexon is not driven hard enough

i used my voltmeter to measure NiMH is making 1.33V, assuming alkaline makes 1.5V, the difference is 0.17V x 3 = 0.51V

i am just saying with NiMH, it works better with boost circuit than direct drive.

I had one of these lights (traded it...), and I did run it on a 14500 Lion cell. The head got a little warm after 10 minutes constant on, but that was all that happened. The output with the Lion cell was easily doubled. With the Lion cell, it was brighter than my SL 4AA 7 LED. FYI...

PJD

hi hmm wondering where is the best place to get Lion or other brand aa??s

i just won a UV version for $14.06 shipped /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
should rock on a 14500 cell, thanks for the input on that BTW guys.

now to hunt for a white one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

i bought a few of these, they arn't worth the money for the extra LEDS. I have the 8 LED model and they are just as bright if not brighter. after all they are only using a single AA battery and the LED aren't spectacular.

Still a decent LED torch for low $. buy the * LED IMO.

If they are modable I'd buy one. Specifically if the head can be taken apart and the LEDs and possibly the circuit replaced. A Wiz2 set at 240ma or so and a 14500 Li-On would make a rockin' little light. Maybe not super practical, but that never stopped anyone on this forum! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Jon

taking the head apart is not an easy task. There are many other LED torches available on ebay for similar $ which can be very easily disassembled. 1.5V is kinda wussy.

I looked at this eBay seller's other items; among them are the MXDL light with a 'Luxeon LED' Another post warns about this low quality flashlight!

And he claims 30 hours run time from one alkaline AA cell running 12 LED's. THIRTY HOURS???? I don't think so.....

Somehow, the math seems off by an order of magnitude, to me.... They might still be barely glowing in 30 hours, but that's about it....! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

I've run my light for well over 24 hours on a single alkaline AA. It wasnt terribly bright, but brighter than a CMG Infinity.

[ QUOTE ]
chevrofreak said:
I've run my light for well over 24 hours on a single alkaline AA. It wasnt terribly bright, but brighter than a CMG Infinity.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm.... I'll just be eating some crow now....(Sound of small bones being masticated.....).

Doesn't seem possible, but it must be, somehow. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

I have 2 of them, one does not work, it came that way...
the seller wanted me to send the light back to get another.
sounds fair but with shipping to Hong Kong it's not really worth it. it would be nice if the seller tested them before
he shipped.(they come in a non sealed bubble wrap sleeve)
my conclusion is: if you get one that works, it's worth the money
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

hi yuo i just won 14 of them
no combined shipping /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
but a free gift?? i got mix of 3WATT LUXeons, 12 and 8 1.5AAs for around $3-$7 each but shipping is a *****
$148 total

So has anybody been able to open one up and get to the "guts?" I think it'll be neat to replace these LED's with some of the 26k mcd LED's.
BTW: does anybody have any idea of the runtime/regulation?

I've got several of these lights and they are great for the money IMHO. Seach ebay using "smallest 12 led". If you play it right they can be had for $8 ea delivered. They are extremey bright for running on a single AA. I also got 1 eight LED model and all of my 12 LED models were twice as bright. After finding these lights I won an auction and emailed the seller and he sent me 8 lights for $65. I gave them away as stocking stuffers at Xmass, and all recipients were delighted. I tried to take one apart but could not w/out destroying it, I think the head is welded on.