iTP A6 Polestar thread

bored7one4

Newly Enlightened
Did someone mode the reflector and lens for better throw? I like to see the pic of that.

also where the best place to get this light?

thanks

CM2010

Enlightened
Anyone know if the christmas set comes with the new battery carrier in the A6?

Newly Enlightened
I picked on up tonite at Fry's, price was $89.95. Seems like a real well built light. Not overly thrilled about the switch. You have to go between all settings to get to back to a lower setting. But it does turn back on to the last setting. Very nice wide hot spot and plenty of spill. Nice HA Type 3 coating.
CREE MC-E emitter. Oh and its 6 AA in a holder. Over all cant beat it with a stick for the price for a claimed 700 lumen's light for 1.5 hr. 160 for 8 hr and 12 lm for 50 hr. and strobe for 10 hour.

alightinthedark

Newly Enlightened
I like mine I have had it for 7 months, never used it for more than 5 minutes, then last night I wanted to show it off to a friend and it worked for about 30 seconds then it cut out, after I had a time to look at it i found the batteries and there holder all shorted out and leaking, I have a second holder and after a little batteries mess clean up it works fine, I ordered a second holder but I wonder if I should keep batteries in the light till it's time to use it, I have had several problems with leaking batteries and the mess they cause, Do you know why this happens, the guy that sold it to me to me that this is the first time that they have heard anything but I wounder. You know anything that i would like to know.
Only other thing that peeks my interests is that I wonder about the claim of lumens brightness is it really 700?

Thanks

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
alightinthedark -
Where did you buy the spare holder and how much was it?

As for leaking batteries, alkalines have a tendency to do that. I've had 3 occurrences of AA alks leaking, 2 of those taking the light with it. 1 instance of a D alk leaking in my Mag. Alkalines leak, which is why I don't like using them.

The 700 lumens is at the LED. OTF, it's around 450ish. Seems to be pretty accurate based on comparison with other lights. But on alkalines, it's only at max output for a few minutes and starts to drop. I run mine on Eneloops (and only use alkalines if my Eneloops die...and they take FOREVER to recharge 6 of them!).

BTW, has anyone looked into running the A6 on a pair of 26500 Li-Ions? Voltage would be about the same as 6x NiMHs and output would hold steadier for longer.

alightinthedark

Newly Enlightened
I got it at Tech Tool Supply cost with shipping under $10.00 with shipping.
They are an ITP dealer good people
9060 General Dr
Plymouth, MI 48170
877-208-6657
[email protected]

I'll close by talking a jab at ITP which is...............

I don't trust there flashlight to keep batteries in it till it's time to use it. Now it's only good as a backup.

techtoolsupply.com

Newly Enlightened
I got it at Tech Tool Supply cost with shipping under $10.00 with shipping.
They are an ITP dealer good people
9060 General Dr
Plymouth, MI 48170
877-208-6657
[email protected]

I don't trust there flashlight to keep batteries in it till it's time to use it. Now it's only good as a backup.

I sincerely apologize you are having problems. Please give us a call 877-208-6657 - we can either replace it for another A6, or give you credit for another style of iTp Light.

I'm personally not a big fan of the A6, however, we haven't had any come back with any defects; this will be the first one. I am a big fan of iTp, they make great products, with a great price, and great customer support.

SureAddicted

Enlightened

Your jab is completely unwarranted and unfounded.
The problem is not the light, it's the batteries your using. Alkaline cells can leak in any flashlight.

alightinthedark

Newly Enlightened
Your jab is completely unwarranted and unfounded.
The problem is not the light, it's the batteries your using. Alkaline cells can leak in any flashlight.

Okay Alkaline cells can leak in any flashlight, they were new and in the light for 6 months without use so I know not to do that again. I must say that under closer examination it was the battery holder that was faulty made and shorted out because the brass contacts came in contact with each other allowing them to ground out which I think is the more likely the cause of the problem. I was told that the battery holder was upgraded and I must of gotten one of the old ones. It could not be saved.

The battery corrosive was all near the bottom inside of the light and I was able to clean it up with some steel wool not all just most, the top end of the light was not damaged and the switch works fine.

I like this light it's not my first choice but it's still the best quality flashlight I have...

So now that I have learned all about battery leakage what can I do to stop it. How long can I store the batteries in the flashlight and still be sure it will not happen again. Please tell me they best way to keep batteries in a flashlight, without this happening again?

Yes it would make me very happy if ITP would make a high power rechargeable A6 type with in the body of flashlight using 1-18650 battery iunder 6" and in colors for fun.

Last edited:

SureAddicted

Enlightened

How long can I store the batteries in the flashlight and still be sure it will not happen again. Please tell me they best way to keep batteries in a flashlight, without this happening again?.

If you value your flashlights and want to hold on them for a while, try to avoid using alkalines. Lithium or NiMH (LSD) are best, and you don't have to worry about taking them out during storage.