Its official. I'm a C2-HA addict..... *part 2*

PCS

Newly Enlightened
Probably. Most "proper" retailers can't ship surefire products internationally anyway, the export laws in the US are quite strict.
I believe Eric is correct, as I suspect Surefire's international shipping restrictions have more to do with deals they have with their overseas partners/distributors (as opposed to US government policy).

PCS

Newly Enlightened
DAMN YA! :tsk:

I was just sitting here minding my own bidness and you had to go and post a deal like that! Man, I spend WAY too much on flashlights! :broke:

Even though it's not HA, I had to order one at that price! :shrug:
Same here. What a great deal. I almost ordered two.

Captain Spaulding

Enlightened
I believe Eric is correct, as I suspect Surefire's international shipping restrictions have more to do with deals they have with their overseas partners/distributors (as opposed to US government policy).

Indeed, Eric is correct. From 2 different well-known and respected vendors:

"International Clients: Sure Fire prohibits their US based dealers
from shipping outside the US. If you need assistance, contact their International affairs agent"

Anyway, lets get back to posting pictures of those sexy C2s!
(sorry for contributing to thread derailment)

Last edited:

JCK

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the info, but sorry for more OT converstaion, would I be able to get a member to purchase one on my behalf and send it my way in Aus? I'm not sure if there is a proper way to go about asking something like this.

I've now got a C2 HA on its way to me I scored from the marketplace. Should arrive in less than a week from now.

Captain Spaulding

Enlightened
Thanks for the info, but sorry for more OT converstaion, would I be able to get a member to purchase one on my behalf and send it my way in Aus? I'm not sure if there is a proper way to go about asking something like this.

I've now got a C2 HA on its way to me I scored from the marketplace. Should arrive in less than a week from now.

PM incoming!

PCS

Newly Enlightened
Well, I bought a C2-HA a couple of weeks ago, order a C2-BK a couple of days ago, and ordered a C3-HA today. All on closeout.

I'm completely hooked. :duh2:

THE_dAY

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi guys, I will be getting my first SF C2 soon.
Very excited as I also have a M61HCRI on order which will be my first ever dropin.

I would like to get a clicky for this setup.

Which is the better clicky in your opinion, the Z58 or the Z41 w/McClicky upgrade?
Any other better options I'm missing?

Thanks!

WESBC

Newly Enlightened
I got my first C2 today, albeit it's type II-BK, I can't imagine how much better if it was HAIII-BK. Right now I have it with a black M2 (Z32) bezel, Z49 tail, and a NB XML (Waiting for his R2 to come in).

I just love the block body feel in my hands and the lines of it. I'm almost tempted to get more just because I think they are awesome.

PCS

Newly Enlightened
Which is the better clicky in your opinion, the Z58 or the Z41 w/McClicky upgrade?

I guess it depends on where your priorities are. The Z58 will be easier and, most likely, pricier. The McClicky will probably cost significantly less, but it involves a bit of work, as you have to remove the Z41's inner workings.

THE_dAY

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for your input, greatly appreciated!

Just now saw the Malkoff clicky, I think it only comes in black?, but want something to match the HAIII of the Surefire.

I also saw the instructions on how to install the McClicky and I'm pretty sure I would mess something up if I tried it.

So I guess I will probably get a Z58 but will see how the stock Z41 feels first.

Stress_Test

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I planned to just get one and field test it a bit, then I thought I'd box it back up and make it a b'day gift for my brother... however, the package was one of those sealed cardboard types, so I couldn't really open it without mangling it. So I figured, well, I'll just keep this one for my self and order a fresh one for him! Heh heh. I was doomed as soon as I took it out of the package and handled it! Anyway, now I just have to figure out what dropin I want to put in his, but I've got a couple more months before I have to decide, so maybe something interesting will come out. I do like the Thrunite XM-L though.

Some pics below. Goes well with the M&P, yes?

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very nice, Stress! i had a type-II Black C2 at one time, in my early years as a flashaholic. Now I have type-III BK-HA :0). I did get a C3-BK just recently though, and it's a really sexy light. Nice combo, BTW! Now you just need a red clamp on filter for it!

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Type-II Anodize is glossy in appearance. Type III anodize (also known as "Hard Anodized") is naturally a variation of brown/od/grey, but the black type-III has a dull finish, as opposed to the glossy finish of the type-II black anodized lights.

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Here's a visual:

iz9lk5.jpg

bugsy714

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess it depends on where your priorities are. The Z58 will be easier and, most likely, pricier. The McClicky will probably cost significantly less, but it involves a bit of work, as you have to remove the Z41's inner workings.

The button on the z58 doesn't protrude as much as the mcclicky boot, also surefire will replace the z58 if it brakes which is a huge plus =)

Rat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Midway usa
..........$50.........nuff said, get'em boys..........marty...
not ha i dont think

Thanks for the heads up :thumbsup: Great buy.
I got two coming from midway with a stop over for a little bore for some 18650's :naughty:
I think I can join this insane C2 & surefire addicts club now. Here is my collection so far.
1x C2 HA
Kenji 10621 optic Quad XP-G 5.6A 3-mode XP-G R5 Cool white with ultra blue GITD, Cryos Cooling Bezel and a FETtie rear switch.
1x C2 HA
Kenji 10622 optic Quad XP-G 5.6A 3-mode XP-G R5 Cool white with ultra green GITD, and a zero res Oveready tail cap.
1x Z2 HA
Kenji 10622 optic Quad XP-G 5.6A 3-mode XP-G R5 Cool white with blue GITD, Cryos Cooling Bezel and a FETtie rear switch.
1x C3 Oveready white, black bezel, TorchLab Triple Cool white with a mcclicky tail cap switch.

1x Stock M3 (with a nailbender D36 drop in XM-L cool white 3 level 3.1 amp smooth reflector on its way)

I also have being bored out in the lasted batch

2x M2
HA

1xM3
HA

And Now 2x C2 Black from midway.

cheers

Last edited:

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a C2 yeah woop woop, does anyone have a pic of a C2 with M2S extenders, also the lumens factory extenders ??
thanks !