Its official. I'm a C2-HA addict..... *part 2*

Risky

Newly Enlightened
FNCE1O6.jpg

So I got the EDCplus triple nichia dropin in my C2 and while I love it, I still love the crazy throw and brightness of my Surefire Fury. What dropin will be just like just the Fury in terms of coolness and throw but outdo by a good margin?

FPSRelic

Enlightened
FNCE1O6.jpg

So I got the EDCplus triple nichia dropin in my C2 and while I love it, I still love the crazy throw and brightness of my Surefire Fury. What dropin will be just like just the Fury in terms of coolness and throw but outdo by a good margin?

It would be hard to find a p60 drop in that could compete with the fury for both brightness and throw, as the reflector in the fury is deeper and bigger than a p60 drop in can accommodate for. If anything could do it, a nail bender XML2 drop in would. Alternatively, if your C2 has been bored for 18650's, you could get a direct drive mini turbo head from Oveready.

ledmitter_nli

Flashlight Enthusiast
+1

The gap ensures optimal electrical contact between module and host... You could file it carefully and make a gap smaller but you shouldn't pay too much attention to it as it's only cosmetics; the host is still water-tight... I did make a mistake and filed my M61 but it's inside C2-HA, gapless and will stay as that forever... :)

I think this "gap ensures optimal electrical contact" is a lazy excuse for a less than ideal design.

None of the original SureFire P60 dropins have this uber special "added" feature. :laughing:

Nor the Moddoo's

Risky

Newly Enlightened
It would be hard to find a p60 drop in that could compete with the fury for both brightness and throw, as the reflector in the fury is deeper and bigger than a p60 drop in can accommodate for. If anything could do it, a nail bender XML2 drop in would. Alternatively, if your C2 has been bored for 18650's, you could get a direct drive mini turbo head from Oveready.

Thanks for the suggestions! I do notice how deep it is on my fury and didn't realize it had alot to do with how well it throws, so that makes complete sense. I'm still learning :)

DellSuperman

Flashlight Enthusiast
FNCE1O6.jpg

While a triple 219 can't outshine or out-throw a Fury, I'm sure it will beat the Fury in terms of HiCRI & flood.

I have a triple XP-G2 & 219, and the 219 stop short in terms of lumens OTF as compared to the XP-G2. But somehow it still managed to become my favorite EDC. :D

- JonK

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just scored a C2-BK in great condition on craigslist. Picked up the light, P60, P61, SC1, and four batteries for $50! The tailcap had some excessive wear, but I replaced it with a brand new Z59 clicky and put my EDC XPG2 triple in it. Color me happy!

DellSuperman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone have any problem with the stock C2 clip?
I am a 'bezel down' kind of person & the clip really just don't fit too well with me.

I removed both my C2 clips & replaced them with the spare SolarForce clips that I had & :thumbsup:

write2dgray

Enlightened
Just stumbled across this thread and some beautiful lights. I've got a number of surefire lights, but never have been a huge C2 fan. That said, I've got one C2 HA that was picked up on base years ago still NIB. Anyone know the model specifics? She's ready for a new home where she may be fully appreciated :).
sajaze6a.jpg

Edit: Off to fleabay!

Last edited:

ledmitter_nli

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thinking about picking up a 3rd Oveready bored C2 for backup to my backup :D I think it's the greatest P60 host *ever* created - but out of production. So I need to be sure I'm set well into the future before there aren't anymore.

SUREFIRED

Enlightened
Just bought my third C2, an Oveready bored C2-HA, with an AW 18650 (my first Li-ion light!) and a Nailbender XM-L2 800L P60. Can you say sweet? My new EDC.

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't believe we have a C3 addict thread so I'm asking here:

has anyone put an LX2 clip on a C3? I've got one on my C2 (and love it! simple and effective mod) but is it very functional on a C3?

ledmitter_nli

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone else notice their brand new grey anodized C2's start to take on a little yellow patina after awhile? Barely there but you can see it.

T45

Enlightened
I think this "gap ensures optimal electrical contact" is a lazy excuse for a less than ideal design.

None of the original SureFire P60 dropins have this uber special "added" feature. :laughing:

Nor the Moddoo's

I AGREE! What has happened is that everyone is now using the P60 module profile as it is made by the Chinese companies. NOT the Surefire original P60 profile. The Chinese P60 may have the Same Dia at top, but the body follows a completely different profile. Why? Who knows. Someone needs to start making a P60 module with a Surefire body profile and that would fit Surefires and every other manufacturer out there. NO MORE ANNOYING GAP.

Got to get a C2 one of these days....HA color, Ronac Cyros head, Malkoff drop in, a 219 Nichia if possible, and maybe a McGizmo clicky. *Sigh* C2 perfection my friends.

Last edited:

ledmitter_nli

Flashlight Enthusiast
Everything about the C2 (except the original clip use the LX2 clip) is perfect. The lines of its hull, the inward bevel sweeps that connect to the head, the tac rubber ring that feels comfortable having the edge of your fingers resting on flat faces instead of a curve - it all looks like functional aspects of the light. Paired with a multiple emitter dropin only enhances this effect. The C2 really does looks high tech :D Someone who I showed it to thought it was some sort of a camera at first. Hehe.

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Everything about the C2 (except the original clip use the LX2 clip) is perfect. The lines of its hull, the inward bevel sweeps that connect to the head, the tac rubber ring that feels comfortable having the edge of your fingers resting on flat faces instead of a curve - it all looks like functional aspects of the light. Paired with a multiple emitter dropin only enhances this effect. The C2 really does looks high tech :D Someone who I showed it to thought it was some sort of a camera at first. Hehe.

I lucked out and found a good condition C2-BK on craigslist locally for a steal. I put my EDC XPG triple in it with a Z59 and I love it, but am too afraid to EDC it for fear of it getting damaged or lost. But yeah, it's a bad MF :)

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
I lucked out and found a good condition C2-BK on craigslist locally for a steal. I put my EDC XPG triple in it with a Z59 and I love it, but am too afraid to EDC it for fear of it getting damaged or lost. But yeah, it's a bad MF :)

nice man! do you (or any other CPFers who wanna chime in!) prefer the glossy C2-BK or the C2-HA for grip (really just asking about which feels better to one's hands)?

I've been curious about getting a C2-BK or C3-BK but I'm worried it'd be a slippery light due to having the 6P/9P finish but without the knurling. Am I correct in my concerns?

also does anyone have thoughts on the LX2 clip on a C3?