ive been looking at headlamps....... hang on nitecore ?

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
just seen the Nitecore HC50 pop up on their site, its the first headlight ive looked at and WANTED to buy, looks real nice guys :)

MrChoi

Newly Enlightened
I just saw this light too. Good timing, I'm in the market for a light similar to it. Any info on price?

conrincon

Newly Enlightened
Like spark SD6 with 2 small red leds :tinfoil:

Sorry, do you use three lights at the same time? this is what appears to be in your picture, and it seems a great idea. Better 3 lights than a very powerful unique one.

markr6

Flashaholic
Looks nice, price seems OK. But I still can't seem to get a grasp on the size of this thing even though they have some nice photos. Looking forward to a side by side comparison to another light for better reference.

jonathanluu2

Newly Enlightened
Wow, not pushing the lumen envelope by any means, but it definitely brings some diversity to the single-18650-cell-headlamp class. It looks to be fairly customize-able too, based on their photo of the bare aluminum body.

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
This thing looks pretty good. I agree with jonathanluu2, not the brightest in its class but cool design.

no. but its got some kick to it, the heat build up on the 85mm body would be ridiculous driven any harder, i prefer it this way.

Ive been looking at head lights to wear when mountain biking, looked at lots but none that seemed up to the task untill this came along. i wont use the red but its nice its there as a back up to my rear bike light. It seems very versatile.
it also looks to be very good value.

markr6

Flashaholic
Looks pretty nice, even for a huge Zebralight fan like me! The UI is nice and simple and appears I can can skip the flashing modes since I'd never use them.

The HC90 UI looks even better with a slide control! Finally someone made something like this!!

roberta

Newly Enlightened
The HC90 UI looks even better with a slide control! Finally someone made something like this!!
Good Day, :)

I am looking forward to the HC90 with brightness control a la SRT7... :thumbsup:

Best Regards,
Roberta :devil:

skeeterbait

Newly Enlightened
I really like the light but would prefer green LED's. It would be a prefect replacement for my Princeton Tec Remix Pro and help standardize my battery platform on 18650's.

Overclocker

Flashlight Enthusiast
130 grams EXCLUDING battery???

a zebra h600 is 39 grams

add 50+ for an 18650. that's over 180 grams for the HC50. i'm not sure i want this on my head for extended periods of time

markr6

Flashaholic
130 grams EXCLUDING battery???

a zebra h600 is 39 grams

add 50+ for an 18650. that's over 180 grams for the HC50. i'm not sure i want this on my head for extended periods of time

Woah I overlooked the weight on this. over 6 OUNCES!? I feel like I'm pushing it sometimes with my H600 at about 3oz total.

Overclocker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Woah I overlooked the weight on this. over 6 OUNCES!? I feel like I'm pushing it sometimes with my H600 at about 3oz total.

wait lemme qualify that. the 130g is INCLUDING the headband. which on the zebra is probably 20g?

so it's more like 130g vs 59g

conrincon

Newly Enlightened
wait lemme qualify that. the 130g is INCLUDING the headband. which on the zebra is probably 20g?

so it's more like 130g vs 59g

I like the fact that it weights 130g. It means it disipates heat more effectively. For example, Zebralight H600w mkii is a great headlamp, i love its 12º throw, but useless unless you are in cold weather, below 0ºC, below 32ºF. In comparison, Wizard Pro Armytek, hasnt the great throw but it disipates much better and is usable below 10ºC=45ºF.

Hopefully Nitecore can be used in 500 lumens light during summer and spring, other than winter time. 80 grams Rugged HAIII military grade hard-anodized aero-grade aluminum alloy can make a huge very positive difference. Thank you Nitecore for designing for us who use your products.

RGB_LED

Enlightened
Great to see NC come out with an interesting design. As perviously stated by others, I would have preferred green over red for the secondary LEDs. Interesting that NC appears to be using optics for a 100 degree flood which is similar to the bare LEDs on ZL's 602 series.

Also, is NC under-driving the LED for better runtimes? Then again, I guess ZL's 1000 lmns on their 602 series headlamps is really a bit misleading as I would guess that it does a step-down after a few minutes to a lower level. Anyone have both and can comment whether the output differences are really that great?

Ok, as for the weight, I noticed the comments... wow.
wait lemme qualify that. the 130g is INCLUDING the headband. which on the zebra is probably 20g? so it's more like 130g vs 59g
130gr including headband? And the ZL is 39+20gr for headband? Is the headband for the ZL really that light? That is a quite the difference... suddenly, I'm not too sure about the NC. :shakehead

Last edited: