Jetbeam M1X on the way, which batteries should I order?

LowFlux

Enlightened
+1 to 2 x 18500s. I prefer the shorter length, and always have another light with me.

Arnulf

Enlightened
My M1X came with batteries included....123s work great....freakin awesome flashlight. :)

bigbas101

Newly Enlightened
Love my M1x with the AW 18500's! Just ordered the extender and some 18650's today for when I want to change it up (need longer runtime). This light throws really good...I think I'm gonna get a HID next though, I WANT MORE THROW! MUUUUUAAAAHAHAHAA!

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got a M1X and ordered Aw 18500 and aw18650 cells, with the extender, and just tried the 18650 cells tonight and they will not power on the light, as they are the new "flat top" cells. I will be sending them back and getting a set of the 2200 mAh cells without the flat top.

Hope this helps.

Tony:wave:
Just get some spacers.

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got a couple of AW 2600s to run in my M1X by using a "rare earth" magnet on the positive end. I believe you can get them from Radio Shack, AW, and a number of online joints. Maybe the other members could chime in. Mine came with my batteries.

As for your other question, I haven't taken the light apart but I believe the reason you need the button tops is because the light uses a "mechanical" reverse polarity protection like some other lights I have. It probably has a raised section around the + contact that keeps batteries inserted with the - end first from frying the electronics.

-LT

mefistofele86

Newly Enlightened
I have a little problem: with 2x18500 when i turn on my M1X it flicks, not a dramatic flick, but it happens.
My AW18500 are brand new, they have only a cycle on them. I hope it's normal. With 3xcr123a it works well (but i tried for a little time).
Could you help me?