Jetbeam not working need help???

fishhead41h

Newly Enlightened
Got a MKIIX,something is not making contact in the front end,if I back out the LED housing it works but is out of focus,how can I fix this?????

Thanks John

Nake

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is this with a 14500? Mine does it occasionally when I put a fresh batt in. I loosen and tighten the head and once it lights up it stays working. This is why the newer ones have a spring on the circuit board. A little blob of solder should fix it. That's what I will do when I get around to it.

Nake

Flashlight Enthusiast
Should work with an AA because of the nipple. Solder blob should be in the center of the circuit board where it contacts the battery.

fishhead41h

Newly Enlightened
What about the leading edge of the battery tube does it need to make contact with the circuit board???

light_emitting_dude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm glad I cancelled my Jetbeam order. There seems to be one too many problems that people are having. Good luck with fixing it or getting a replacement!

fishhead41h

Newly Enlightened
Traded this light on this forum,seems to be no brighter than Ultrafire WF-602a1 which is half the price!! Tryed solder trick, not sure that did it, but it started working again?? Has lots of clicky options!!!!! Thanks John

Nake

Flashlight Enthusiast
This light is at it's best with a 14500. At the 100% setting it is one of the brightest lights I have. Using a light meter and doing a ceiling bounce test it equals my U2 Style.

fishhead41h

Newly Enlightened
Do you think Jetbeam and Ultrafire are made by the same company??? Look alot alike just one is cheaper!!!!

LESLIEx317537

Newly Enlightened
LESLIEx317537 said:
Where and when did you get your MKIIX?
Don't some of them have a spring in the head also?
sku_1994_12.jpg