JetBeam RRT-0 Raptor review

techwg

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well after reading the specs I must buy one of these, although it will take me a good month before I can probably manage to splash out on this light.

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
See? How cool is that? Now you have something to look forward to. Hell, that itself should warrant an extra $10 on the price :)

BeeMan458

Banned
techwg wrote:

.....although it will take me a good month before I can probably manage to splash out on this light.

Check out Bug Out Gear when you do and be sure to add the CandlePowerForum discount code (CPFJET) as it's currently good for 20%.

http://blackforce.stores.yahoo.net/rrt0.html

FWIW, the version I received came with an AA extender. In total, between the AA extender, the discount code and shipping included, that's more than a thirty-two dollar savings.

"Yeah Baby!"

:devil:

Last edited:

Charles L.

Enlightened
You'll like it. I use mine in the CR-123 format to keep it shorter, but it works fine on AA's.

I've only been into the flashlight thing for a couple of months now, but I've managed to accumulate a few EDC's: RRT-0, NiteCore Extreme, Quark AA, Peak El Capitan. All have their pros and cons, but the RRT-0 is really nice.

I'd be sure to get it with an OP reflector.

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
techwg wrote:

.....although it will take me a good month before I can probably manage to splash out on this light.

Check out Bug Out Gear when you do and be sure to add the CandlePowerForum discount code (CPFJET) as it's currently good for 20%.

http://blackforce.stores.yahoo.net/rrt0.html

FWIW, the version I received came with an AA extender. In total, between the AA extender, the discount code and shipping included, that's more than a thirty-two dollar savings.

"Yeah Baby!"

:devil:

Yeah, I bought mine right around xmas :)

mchlwise

Enlightened
I still use mine just about daily. :grin2:

Normally I'll use a protected Rcr123, which works great. I keep the extension tube handy, though, so I can throw a AA in it in an emergency.

techwg

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well I can't wait to get mine :D. It however is going to probably take me longer than I expected.

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
A question to anyone that has received a light in the last couple of months. Have you had any problems with the tailcap switch like those found in this thread?

BOG is slated to send me a new switch when they arrive to put in my light but for now it sits in pieces on my desk waiting for the next repair attempt.

-LT

bthrel

Newly Enlightened
Same here, three raptors zero switch problems, matter of fact, zero problems or complaints at all...

Cheers

Brian

Mikellen

Enlightened
Anyone know the type of tint the R2 has? Is it a WC, WD, WH. etc.?

Can someone please describe the tint? For ex. cool white, vanilla, white, neutral white, etc.

Does it look like the emitter can be modded out with a warm tinted LED?

Thanks.

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the replies guys. I got mine back in January. Maybe they've made some changes in the latest batch.

One other question. Does the silver retaining ring on the back on the light, the part that surrounds the rubber boot, sit below the bottom edge of the holes that go around the base of the light? In the picture below, mine rides high and makes it hard to thread a lanyard through the holes.

jetbeamrrt011small.jpg

Thanks again,
-LT

OCD

Enlightened
I just received mine Monday from BOG. My retaining ring is almost flush with the bottom of the slots...maybe just a smidge higher.

Mine is low enough that I was able to, with just a little sanding, to mount the Nitecore D10 clip which has a threaded backing plate that ends up sitting on top of the retaining ring.

Balog

Newly Enlightened
So let's say I wanted to order one of these (still in the research phase, but it's looking good so far). Is Bug Out Gear the best price w/ the CPF discount, and is it the R2 (revision two right?) model? Assuming it is, I'd like to order some of the AA-size rechargeable batteries and a charger at the same time to take advantage of the discount and no tax or shipping. What would you all recommend for cells and a charge3r off that site? Or would I get a better price/better unit for cells+charger somewhere else?

Last edited:

lpd226

Newly Enlightened
I got my r5 version just yesterday and am pretty impressed. Great light output and decent throw also. I like the selector ring and the only change I would make would be a more positive click into place feel. It seems that it could be fairly easy for the ring to spin accidentally in your pocket. But overall it's an awesome little light. Not sure y people are saying it's too big cause I barely notice mine in my pocket.

JrVargas

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for your review... Very informative and objecive.

For all you Tactical Operators/LEO's... make sure you "prime" your CR123A's before you need your RRT-0. I didn't. Although I was just showing off my new "toy" at the time, it was a brief WTF moment that could have been ALOT worse had I not found out about this minor issue.

EDIT:
The OP reflector absolutly rocks! The beam on mine is very smooth (more then I expected) and only has a very faint ring on the wall and is almost completely invisable in real usage in the yard.

I'm not being dumb but what do you mean by priming the battery? Thanks!

lpd226

Newly Enlightened
I'm on my first surefire 123 and didn't have that problem. Maybe it was just a particular battery brand.

For all you Tactical Operators/LEO's... make sure you "prime" your CR123A's before you need your RRT-0. I didn't. Although I was just showing off my new "toy" at the time, it was a brief WTF moment that could have been ALOT worse had I not found out about this minor issue.

EDIT:
The OP reflector absolutly rocks! The beam on mine is very smooth (more then I expected) and only has a very faint ring on the wall and is almost completely invisable in real usage in the yard.[/QUOTE]

travinc

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the write up and info guys, I thinks this has pushed my decision into getting one to replace my edc! I'm looking forward to the super easy UI