Jetbeam tcr 01 is out

HighlanderNorth

Flashlight Enthusiast
Granted it looks cool, its made of Ti, it's limited edition and all.............But it's way overpriced for what you get. Its just the Ti version of the RRT-01, which is made of aluminum and isnt new. Even the RRT-01 is overpriced for what it is.

The TCR-01 is $180! You can get another Jetbeam FL with similar features and power for almost 1/3 that price....

Its for that reason I wouldnt buy it. I do like the look of it though, but I'd buy an RRT-21 for $110 or so. It gets better battery life and is infinitely adjustable.

Fitz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Granted it looks cool, its made of Ti, it's limited edition and all.............But it's way overpriced for what you get. Its just the Ti version of the RRT-01, which is made of aluminum and isnt new. Even the RRT-01 is overpriced for what it is.

The TCR-01 is $180! You can get another Jetbeam FL with similar features and power for almost 1/3 that price....

Its for that reason I wouldnt buy it. I do like the look of it though, but I'd buy an RRT-21 for $110 or so. It gets better battery life and is infinitely adjustable.

OK... that's the great thing about choices, you can choose something else! What's "way overpriced" to you may be worth every penny to someone else.

Couple things though:
1. The RRT-01 has only been out less than a month, that seems pretty new to me.
2. The RRT-21 is a 2 cell light, so yes, it gets better battery life than the 1 cell RRT-01/TCR-01.
3. Both the RRT-21 and RRT-01/TCR-01 are "infinitely adjustable", no difference there.
4. a $75.00 premium for a titanium version isn't much for the actual materials/machining costs.
5. It's titanium. TITANIUM SHINY!

:)

aau007

Enlightened

The same logic can be applied to the SWM Ti+. Except the Ti+ is about 100% more than its AL version, V10r, which you can get for $82. Bet you did not buy the Ti+ if you have that logic.

rrt21 is infinitely adjustable, so is rrt0-s2, rrt0-xml, rrt01, tcr1.

kdhope1

Newly Enlightened
I just ordered mine from LJ. disc. code worked..now the wait begins!..kelly

fyrstormer

Banned

I can buy two TC-R1's for less than the cost of a McGizmo, and get a twisty interface with infinitely-variable brightness. McGizmo offers neither. And I can beat the hell out of it for years without it suffering at all. Seems like a good deal to me.

HIDblue

Enlightened
I'm curious to see what the difference will be between the Sunwayman V10R Ti+ and the TCR-01 with regard to the Titanium fit and finish.

aau007

Enlightened
I might be getting ahead of myself.

As far as I understand, this is the titanium version of the rrt01. I read the rrt01 can be used with 18350 battery. Is it safe to assume that the tcr1 can be used with a 18350 also?

Then, if it fits a 18350, anyone think of making a 18650 extender? Or does it not make sense because you cannot run the light at max for extended amount of time because of heat anyways.