Just bought a used Surefire C3 Centurion

ReadyFreddy23

Newly Enlightened
I just moved to Florida from Massachusetts. I've noticed that there are alot of Pawn Shops and I never saw them in Massachusetts. I was curious to see what treasures or trash I would see. I was just about to leave because I didn't find any treasures when I saw a guy walk in and he was holding a Surefire C3 Centurion in a nice holster. He asked the guy behind the counter if they would give him $50 bucks for it. Unfortunately, for him he didn't have any batteries in the light and the guy at the counter said he didn't want to buy it. The guy selling the flashlight said "What can you give me for it?" The guy behind the counter wouldn't offer the guy any money because he said nobody will pay that much for a flashlight. I caught the guy selling the flashlight at the door and told him that I have 123A lithium batteries in my car and that if it worked that I might buy it. It worked and sensing the guy was desperate, I offered him $25 for it. He took it. :twothumbs I am now the proud owner of my 2nd real flashlight. My first was the Surefire E2D (paid $90 for that one). I'm glad I had my E2D and spare batteries with me in the car.

Last edited:

ReadyFreddy23

Newly Enlightened
Thanks! I didn't know the actual value of the Surefire C3 but I knew it was worth at least $100 and then throw in the cost of the holster. It was a no brainer.

DM51

Flashaholic
Welcome to CPF. You are member #26,968. Please note that with your first post you have just succeeded in making 26,967 other people turn green with envy, lol.

carrot

Flashaholic
Welcome to CPF. You are member #26,968. Please note that with your first post you have just succeeded in making 26,967 other people turn green with envy, lol.
Seconded. I'm going to have to hit the pawn shops here now.

Tessaiga

Enlightened
A Little Red Dot 1 degree North of the Equator
That must be a POS rip off from China, thats why the pawnshop guy didn't want it.. Turn it over to me at once so that I can properly dispose of it in order that you may continue enjoying the quality of genuine Surefire flashlights.

To help with it, I'll even pay for shipping... :D :D :D

ReadyFreddy23

Newly Enlightened
Sorry.:mecry: I didn't want anyone to be green with envy. I wanted everyone to be happy that scores like this can be had.

I probably shouldn't mention the other items that I bought from the guy. I bought a Kenwood Receiver for $10, a big $ audio/visual surge protector for $1, and I'm going to look at a computer desk made by a furniture maker from NC (Brentwood or something like that) and TV's. The guy is moving from Florida to Virginia and can't afford to move his stuff.

ReadyFreddy23

Newly Enlightened
The Pawn Shop wouldn't buy the light from the guy. The pawn shop asked him how much he wanted for his light and he said $50. They said no. He asked how much can you give me and they didn't even offer him $ for it. It could have been because he didn't have any batteries in it at the time and they didn't have 123A lithium batteries on hand. I waited until the guy was ready to leave and told him I was interested and that I had 123A lithium batteries to test the light.

The Pawn Shop I went to didn't carry any lights. In fact, they didn't have anything that I was interested in buying. I was hoping to find some knives.

I collect nice knives, guns, pens, sunglasses, watches, and now flashlights I guess. I won't tell my wife about the flashlights until she stumbles upon them.

carrot

Flashaholic
Once your flashlight collection reaches critical mass (the amount of flashlights you need for other people to lose count) you won't have to worry about concealing the collection. "No, really, I didn't just buy another! I've had that one awhile!"

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
"I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU!"

Phrase taken from an immature ex-coworker...but really, I HATE YOU! :) Nice find!

ReadyFreddy23

Newly Enlightened
carrot,

I like the critical mass idea.:thumbsup: I've never thought about it that way. :naughty:It's like that with my pens, watches, and sunglasses already. My wife doesn't even ask if any of those things are new anymore.

sysadmn

Enlightened
Between keyboard and chair, in the US Midwest.
The Pawn Shop wouldn't buy the light from the guy. The pawn shop asked him how much he wanted for his light and he said $50.

I collect nice knives, guns, pens, sunglasses, watches, and now flashlights I guess. I won't tell my wife about the flashlights until she stumbles upon them.

Well, if he knew it was worth more than $50, either it really was his, or he specializes in stealing flashlights! :laughing:

As for wives, your life will be much easier if she never knows how much they cost!

Omega Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
You, and the guy who found a 8X for $0.50 at a yardsale, should put the horseshoes you're hiding in ya butts and sell them on CPFMP :p

ReadyFreddy23

Newly Enlightened
Wow! A guy found an 8X for .50:huh: cents at a yard sale. I'm going to have to check out some yard sales. That's a much better deal than mine.

benchmade_boy

Flashlight Enthusiast
You, and the guy who found a 8X for $0.50 at a yardsale, should put the horseshoes you're hiding in ya butts and sell them on CPFMP :p
what about the guy that got a surefire m6 for 15 bucks or so at a fle market?

good find, and good thing you were in the right place at the right time or you would have never gotten that good of a deal. now wheres the pics of the light? what kind of holster was it?

Good find man.