Just bought this for $2.25 at Walmart. WOW!!!

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
Recontech,

The XPR103 is a 3.6 volt bulb. You are driving it with 4.8 nominal volts. You may get lucky and have it last for hours. But it has been my experience the Xenon bulbs don't care much for being overdriven.

Your mileage may vary!

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree with Playboy. Most any bulb you overdrive by that amount, that isn't a Krypton, is likely to be a flash bulb. I've "flashed" several myself. TX

TOB9595

Enlightened
BrightNorm, I'm heading to walmart tomorrow. I'll pick up some of these for me. If you're still interested after I get them i'll ship. USPS Priority USPS supplies all the boxes. nice

brightnorm

Flashaholic
I'd love to get several of these but I'm nowhere near a Wallyworld and I don't have a car. and searched Wal Mart: nothing. Then Google, Teoma and ATW for Ray O Vac Camper/Sportsman/4AA etc: absolutely nothing. Is there anyone who would be able to help me out? I'd be happy to pay all costs plus any other expenses, including time and effort.

Thanks,
Brightnorm

TOB9595

Enlightened
BrightNorm, I picked up some of thes lights. They were 2.97 @ my wmart. plus 6% New Jersey Greed tax. If you want some email me.
Thanks for the heads up on this light KLM.

TOB9595

Enlightened
Ok guys, What's the final concensus on replacement bulb. I was away for a few days and brought one of these lights with me. They are awesome out of the box. Will KPR103 increase brightness and last a while? Xpr is out from reading above because it'll flash sooner than a kpr103. Is xpr104 the alternative?
Great light!

Vikas Sontakke

Enlightened
I know this may be stupid but needs to be said "Wallyword does mean Walmart".

Cheap Reactors:- Try EMS (Eastern Mountain Sports) stores in your local Malls. They have the updated Reactors. EMS correctly is having "$5.00 off any LED" promotion. For a local store where you can try (Reactor package can be opened in the store and closed back) this is a good deal (i.e. select the best Reactor off the bunch by trying out right in the store).

Reactor $32-$5 = $27
Photon-II $18-$5 = $13

These are good prices. You will rarely find anything cheaper elsewhere when you consider the shipping.

- Vikas

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Originally posted by ReconTech:
So the 4AA rayovac camper with the XPR103 is ok then? Thats what I thought but got confused when the 123s entered the thread.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Hello Everyone,
As a general rule of thumb, the replacement bulb (Krypton & Xenon with exception to Halogen) voltage should be about ±80% of the input voltage, i.e. When selecting replacement bulb for 4AA Camper:
if using 4 Alkaline/Lithium 1.5V = 6.0V 80% is 4.8V - therefore, I'll use a 4.8V bulb XPR113 Xenon 4.8V (RS SKU #272-1183)

if using Rechargeable NiMH 1.2V x 4 = 4.8V 80% is 3.84V - therefore, I'll use a XPR103 Xenon 3.6V (RS SKU #272-1182) instead.

When correctly matched the average life span of the bulb will last about 30-36 hours of constant on time.

hartage

Newly Enlightened
KLM, coastlineadventures.com is having a holiday special right now on the reactors they have them for like $22 and change right now. If you do buy there do me a favor and tell em Angel sent ya
grin.gif

TOB9595

Enlightened
My RS says the XPR 113 is discontinued
rolleyes.gif

I'm now on a search for this at other RS's. Any ideas other than the KPR 113 which is still available.

Rebus

Enlightened
Well after looking for 2 weeks at Wal-Mart
for the 4AA Camper I also finally found it
up front at one of the cash registers
for $2.99. If you are still looking,
try up front. Light is very bright,
with a reasonably good beam. Somewhat
lightweight construction, but still
a bargain.

-Rebus

rstevea

Newly Enlightened
I am really glad I stumbled onto this site. I have done what you men having talking about. went to walmart and bought 3 of those flashlights, along with the rayovac kpr103s, which still make it brighter than my surefire g2. anyway, i've noticed the battery life to be about 45-60 minutes of good solid light, then it goes to a regular 2AA light for about probably another 30-60 minutes. anyway, i was wondering, if i put the kpr103 in my 4D maglite, i'd probably get even a brighter light, with maybe 90-120 mins of good light time, wouldn't you think? or do I have it wrong somewhere in the equation?

Latest posts