Just got my Quark Mini123, it's so white! is there something wrong?

Are you happy with the color of your Quark?

• Yes

Votes: 69 63.3%
  • No

Votes: 17 15.6%
  • I don't have one but want to vote anyway!

Votes: 23 21.1%

• Total voters

dirtybore

Newly Enlightened
I wish I had your luck. Mine's greener than gorilla snot! :barf:

Too bad too - it would be very close to my 'perfect' EDC light if it wasn't so bad.

(Please refrain from informing me that I could return it :sigh:. Merely observing something or pointing out a perceived issue does not constitute whining.)

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine is a nice white leaning just slightly towards warm. It is beautiful and I could not be more pleased with it.

dirtybore....You should have no trouble exchanging it for another. :poke::laughing:

I wish I had your luck. Mine's greener than gorilla snot! :barf:

Too bad too - it would be very close to my 'perfect' EDC light if it wasn't so bad.

(Please refrain from informing me that I could return it :sigh:. Merely observing something or pointing out a perceived issue does not constitute whining.)

Last edited:

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
my mom's quark mini AA definitely has a green tint.

i am waiting for my mini 123 to come in the mail today.(sitting here watching the front door as i type this).

i wasnt going to take a chance at the tint lottery and ordered myself a warm tint version. think ill be very pleased with it.

bc62010

Newly Enlightened
I just finished opening my package from 4 Sevens and my Mini 123 is white on high, on low its got a blue tint to it.

rayman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had an warm MiNi 123 and it was an exact 5A tint. Compared it to other Q3-5A emitter I had.

rayman

JimF

Newly Enlightened
Hay all you guys who are unhappy with those green lights, just box them up and ship them to me. I'll gladly pay the shipping. I realize that I am Red/Green color blind but they all look great to me. Lots better than those yellow looking bulbs in the old Surefires!! (boy that should get some people going) BRIGHT is good/green--who cares. They all look white to me.
I think some of you guys just need to get a life!:hitit:
Jim

ztm

Banned
green--who cares. They all look white to me.
Jim

I care. I don't want a green light. Seems several others feel the same way. Telling us to "get a life" because we prefer a normal white light makes you look like an @ss.

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Jim,

I realize you are new here, and maybe don't know very much about CPF forum etiquette....But comments like this are not only not appreciated, but are unwelcome. Yours and everyone else's visit will be much more pleasant if you will please contain your criticism to lights and not people.

CPF is the best lighting forum, if not the best forum period...for a reason. We treat each other with respect and courtesy here. If you can remember and abide by these two fundamental principles, you will have a long and happy membership at CPF.

Jim

Last edited:

JimF

Newly Enlightened
Sorry guys I really wasn't trying to be offensive. Did not realize what i said in jest ( and it was in Jest) would be taken with such serious responses.:oops: I think this is a great forum and I truly enjoy reading it. I have learned a lot here. I do think we are sometimes a a bit hypercritical here and I was poking in jest at that fact but was not meaning to be offensive to any individual. Guess I really hit a nerve (nerves). I guess it was my genetic defects!!!
I have been rightfully apprised of CPF forum etiquette.... and I will forevermore be very watchful of my comments.
I am sorry for my transgressions and hope those offended by my comments will forgive me for the error of my ways.
Thanks,
Jim

uplite

Enlightened
I am willing to do the hard part of the returning process for you, just send them to my address.
Hay all you guys who are unhappy with those green lights, just box them up and ship them to me.

If you guys are actually willing to pay for the lights, I think you will get plenty of sellers from the folks who received 1T tint bin Quarks.

It's not a joke...and it's not "subjective"...it's a scientifically-measured greenish tint bin.

If you are color-blind...then it doesn't matter to you...so you should buy them! :thumbsup: Hmmm...maybe vendors like 4sevens could put a "color blind" checkbox on their web shop so they can sell the green-tint lights to folks who don't mind. ;)

The 1B and 1C bins in some Quarks are better, but you can probably still find some folks who want to sell them.

The 1A bins are best. The OP on this thread probably got one of those. :thumbsup:

-Jeff

Zendude

Enlightened
Sorry guys I really wasn't trying to be offensive. Did not realize what i said in jest ( and it was in Jest) would be taken with such serious responses.:oops: I think this is a great forum and I truly enjoy reading it. I have learned a lot here. I do think we are sometimes a a bit hypercritical here and I was poking in jest at that fact but was not meaning to be offensive to any individual. Guess I really hit a nerve (nerves). I guess it was my genetic defects!!!
I have been rightfully apprised of CPF forum etiquette.... and I will forevermore be very watchful of my comments.
I am sorry for my transgressions and hope those offended by my comments will forgive me for the error of my ways.
Thanks,
Jim

:whoopin::welcome: We've all said things that didn't come out right from time to time.:grouphug:

jrbrauns

Newly Enlightened
hi all. im new here. ive been reading this forum for weeks now and decided to join. my question is, is it safe to purchase light from 4sevens using your cc? i did ask this coz i dont want to get scam. if 4sevens is trusted then i will purchase my first light to them. it will be the quark 2aa r5 to start because it has a good review here. looking forward to be part of cpf and thank you very much.

carrot

Flashaholic
If you guys are actually willing to pay for the lights, I think you will get plenty of sellers from the folks who received 1T tint bin Quarks.
I have enough lights, thanks, but I wouldn't mind owning 1T Quarks. The greener tints look great (better than bluish) when hiking at night.

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi jr and :welcome:. You can certainly trust 4sevens. He is one of the most trusted and longest running dealers and now manufacturers at CPF. He was a member before he became what he is today, so CPF has had the pleasure of watching him grow in to the position of respect and admiration he rightfully holds. His name is David Chow, and his business (4sevens) is located in Atlanta, GA.

Have a good time here at CPF, and watch your wallet carefully....because it is easy to empty with all the temptations available...:broke:

hi all. im new here. ive been reading this forum for weeks now and decided to join. my question is, is it safe to purchase light from 4sevens using your cc? i did ask this coz i dont want to get scam. if 4sevens is trusted then i will purchase my first light to them. it will be the quark 2aa r5 to start because it has a good review here. looking forward to be part of cpf and thank you very much.

Last edited: