• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

K40Mvn (Must Have)

jbblack23

Newly Enlightened
I guess I know what this "Vinh Virus" is that you guys speak of. I have had the PD35vn for about a month and love it but of course now I am wanting something else.... I want a bigger light this time but am not quite ready to commit to the Tk75 or Tk61. I am back and forth between the TN35 or this K40Mvn. Any recommendations from anyone about what to get? I know I probably couldn't go wrong with either but wanted some input from the other addicts like I am slowly becoming.

Saul Good

Enlightened
I think it may be the sockets on the flash light. I just pulled the bulb out poked at the sockets a little maybe and plugged it back in. I did not see anything wrong, I am guessing maybe a little tarnish?

K40Mvn w/ extra copper heat sinking:)

stevo250

Newly Enlightened
Will this light still work with protected cells but highest level will not be any brighter? Or will it trip the protection circuit?

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Will this light still work with protected cells but highest level will not be any brighter? Or will it trip the protection circuit?

I have report of protection trips in some cells and not others...I would recommend 18650BD

caleb_v

Newly Enlightened
Any idea of lumen and lux figures from de-domed version of this light?

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums

Xmldriver

Enlightened
I have the dedomed K40Mvn, nobody could tell me the figures, thinking about sending it to Justin Paul to test it...

Any idea of an estimate of lux? How much does dedome generally increase it?

revilo951

Newly Enlightened
Can someone else with the K40Mvn help me out here? (I thought of posting here first before annoying Vinh over email :whistle:)

The circuit board in the tailcap (with the switch on it) - is it loose? Mine is loose - not attached by any means at all!

ruke

Enlightened
Yup, mine is the same way, switch on 1 side and springs on the other....

Can someone else with the K40Mvn help me out here? (I thought of posting here first before annoying Vinh over email :whistle:)

The circuit board in the tailcap (with the switch on it) - is it loose? Mine is loose - not attached by any means at all!

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast

The circuit board that the switch is part of get sandwiched between the screw on tail cap and the battery housing tube, so that it does not stay lose when the tail cap is tightened.

By making the board easy to remove, Acebeam/Supbeam makes it easier to replace the rubber tail cap switch.

revilo951

Newly Enlightened
Thanks chaps. I have now realised that it's probably meant that one loads the batteries from the other end of the battery tube... :oops:

Which of course means that the only reason one would come across the loose pcb would be for the purpose of replacing the switch boot (thanks, NoNotAgain), in which case it is a welcome feature!

This is an incredible light though. Insane. Love the low mode as well - or is it moonlight? :candle:

tyxxvxl

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you are looking for a pic with domes on it gonna basicly look like a stock version I think.
Or do you mean beam shots?

Guumuus

Newly Enlightened
With a bit of luck i'll have it in tomorrow. Will make some high res pictures.

Edit: YAY!

p4dawjN6j

Last edited: