• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

K60vn - First XHP70 Thrower

Kevin1322

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got a light meter and laser reflector/target (for my rangefinder) coming in the mail so I'll be able to test the lumen at precisely 100 yards and convert that into accurate lux # soon.
That would be sweet, thanks. I think I'm going to go with the TK61vnQ, but I'm not fully decided.

Dacull

Newly Enlightened
Do you still have one in stock? I want one w/ shaved dome if you do, will paypal with details as soon as I find out. Thanks!

ven

Flashaholic
Seems to me this has less lumen and lux then the M43 XPG2 PDTc (6340 OTF and ~110k lux). Smoother beam most likely and I'm sure way better at handling heat. Anyone disagree?

Edit: That can't be right. Selfbuilt has the K60 at about 160k, so Vinh's version, especially with a shaved dome, will be higher then that. Maybe 200k lux?

Around 230kcd Kev, give/take with the shaved dome .

ven

Flashaholic
Thank you good sir. That makes my decision even harder now though haha.

Kev,out of all the lights it takes a lot to impress me for many reasons, not just output,but beam quality and tint along with UI and form factor.......call it a complete package.

Although i dont own a killer throw tk75,i would say from pics and reading up,this is like a perfect beam version if makes sense,no artifacts from the wells you get from most multi led lights.

This light is fantastic, the tn35vn is a nice light,the tn36vn is a great flood light..........the k60vn is fantastic with excellent spill and enough throw for most.......imo anyway.

It really came to life on a large field at the country park which my phone shows poorly. It light the field up!!!! and threw to the other end!!!! Distance........tough one but guess 400yds or so.

Not sure if there are other contenders,but for the money this is very hard to beat. On paper(according to selfbuilts review) it has similar spec to the x60 which is not to be begrudged. Thats both standard lights too,of course things change with vinhs magic,
Thanks to selfbuilt
K60-FL1-Summary.gif

The x60 and k60 are pretty much on the nail!!

The xhp70 right now is my fav led............acebeams build is also high ,not far from fenix imo anyway and above many other chinese brands.....imo again :laughing:

Worse case you dont like or not suited for your application,sell on...........i am sure it would be snapped up.

Cheers ven:)

Kevin1322

Flashlight Enthusiast
More good info, thanks ven. I was studying that chart too. In reality, you really can't distinguish things (cars, people, animals) out very well at 400 yards anyway, but those long beams sure are fun haha. They both seem to be great lights and anyone who has one seems to love them. I can't see how I can go wrong with either of them. I figure if I buy one then I'll probably love it, but still wonder about the second one haha. So maybe I will need to somehow find the funds to buy both, then sell one (or return one, but I don't like to do that as Vinh then sells them as used). With my income I can't justify both (I can't justify one actually haha). The K60vn is so much light for the money though, it would be extremely hard to let go of.

Edit: Hmmm, now I'm wondering how it compares to the Eye40vn (6000 lm, dedomed) with 4600 OTF lumens and 225k lux. I'm guessing the beams are pretty similar, with the K60vn having a little more flood and spill, better UI (imo), better heat management, but twice the size.

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
I know the feeling Kev..........very well, i have more than enough lights tbh.........far more than enough and in the real world i could get by with a hand full......how dull would that be :laughing:

I try and imagine what uses i would have, be it for work,for fun,for camping,for WOW(maybe all of them) and take from there. I also like supporting vinh as he is an awesome guy in many ways,on here and away from!!! as well all know.

I prefer the UI control ring of the k60 over the tk75,i prefer the fenix build a tad over the acebeam's.......a tad as they have come on a good bit imo.

Most lights of vinhs i dont go off jumping straight in,so i know i will like it before i get a light. So far its proved great and sounds corny at times how much i praise lights. Factors are research,the uses in mind and light options to back this up. So i struggle to think of a light i have been disappointed with over the years.........honestly i do. Of older pre PDTc lights i was not over the moon with certain tints(x3vn to name 1),outside it proved n/a of which my uses are. Now with PDT and vinh picking out leds,its really hard to get a light thats not what your expecting tint/performance wise imo and from my personal experience as i am sure with yours..........with that awesome collection going.

I am waffling :laughing: but spoke in truth and how i feel.

The k60vn is well up there for impressions,its a keeper for sure!!

Size there is not much in it and lens diameter is pretty much the same

Bonus with the tk75vnQ for me is the lock out,that is a big bug bare of the old version and undoing the tail cap 3 or so turns to stop accidental activation.
The led options and now the shoulder strap........really like the 2015 version compared to some lame 2015 marketing versions of other models/brands.

If you have Fenix's, give acebeam a shot,cant see you being disappointed:)..........i was not!

Or get both like i want/need:whistle:

Kevin1322

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know the feeling Kev..........very well, i have more than enough lights tbh.........far more than enough and in the real world i could get by with a hand full......how dull would that be :laughing:

I try and imagine what uses i would have, be it for work,for fun,for camping,for WOW(maybe all of them) and take from there. I also like supporting vinh as he is an awesome guy in many ways,on here and away from!!! as well all know.

I prefer the UI control ring of the k60 over the tk75,i prefer the fenix build a tad over the acebeam's.......a tad as they have come on a good bit imo.

Most lights of vinhs i dont go off jumping straight in,so i know i will like it before i get a light. So far its proved great and sounds corny at times how much i praise lights. Factors are research,the uses in mind and light options to back this up. So i struggle to think of a light i have been disappointed with over the years.........honestly i do. Of older pre PDTc lights i was not over the moon with certain tints(x3vn to name 1),outside it proved n/a of which my uses are. Now with PDT and vinh picking out leds,its really hard to get a light thats not what your expecting tint/performance wise imo and from my personal experience as i am sure with yours..........with that awesome collection going.

I am waffling :laughing: but spoke in truth and how i feel.

The k60vn is well up there for impressions,its a keeper for sure!!

Size there is not much in it and lens diameter is pretty much the same

Bonus with the tk75vnQ for me is the lock out,that is a big bug bare of the old version and undoing the tail cap 3 or so turns to stop accidental activation.
The led options and now the shoulder strap........really like the 2015 version compared to some lame 2015 marketing versions of other models/brands.

If you have Fenix's, give acebeam a shot,cant see you being disappointed:)..........i was not!

Or get both like i want/need:whistle:
I think we'd get along great haha.
I went back and looked at Vinh's beam pics of both the K60vn and the Eye40vn, and it looks like I'm write though; beam profiles/brightness very much the same as best I can tell, with K60vn having more lumens in spill and the Eye40vn having a more defined hot spot. Again, imo, the Eye40vn, like the X40vn, are very under appreciated lights and still seem to be holding their own.

ven

Flashaholic
I agree,the x40 and eye40 are both special lights and will always be that, they are awesome in their own right!!! and both should be part of flashaholics collections money dependent.

Trouble is, i weigh a light up, by the time i get it there are 3 more i want :laughing: . One thing i like about single leds(well so to speak as its 4 in 1) and large reflectors is the great beam out front.

I am still very fond of my "meager" 3500lm tn35vn( imo another under appreciated light)......... such a wonderful beam of 5000k goodness:) For me its not just sheer lumen,its how its projected too. Rather have a beautiful tint/beam of 1000lm than a fugly 5000lm full of artifacts........thats me though :laughing: and i am a little :crazy:

Kevin1322

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree,the x40 and eye40 are both special lights and will always be that, they are awesome in their own right!!! and both should be part of flashaholics collections money dependent.

Trouble is, i weigh a light up, by the time i get it there are 3 more i want :laughing: . Haha. I know, right!?!
One thing i like about single leds(well so to speak as its 4 in 1) and large reflectors is the great beam out front.

I am still very fond of my "meager" 3500lm tn35vn( imo another under appreciated light)......... such a wonderful beam of 5000k goodness:) For me its not just sheer lumen,its how its projected too. Rather have a beautiful tint/beam of 1000lm than a fugly 5000lm full of artifacts........thats me though :laughing: and i am a little :crazy: Yeah, Vinh is spoiling me. I never use to care, but now I definitely recognize and appreciate those perfect beams.

mjgsxr

Enlightened
Has anyone ordered the 5000k option with a shaved dome. If so any beam shots or what did you thing of beam colour. Thanks

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
Has anyone ordered the 5000k option with a shaved dome. If so any beam shots or what did you thing of beam colour. Thanks
I haven't ordered a K60vn (yet) but I do have another V54 light with the XHP70 5000k shaved, and it has no color at all to my eye. Not a hint of blue nor green.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
So, black ones are sold out?

For now yes. I think I will stock some back ones too if there are demands.

Black is a great color for tactical use but this light is so big I hardly think its tactical. Having any color other than Black can be attractive sometimes :)

ThirstyTurtle

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am INTO this light right now...may have to consider selling some things to fund the purchase...

ThirstyTurtle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Buy Sand color! More attractive than Black for sure. Finishing my first one soon. Will take pics.
I Googled some pics of the sand color and I'm not opposed to it, stands out in a see of black lights for sure. I welcome a picture of your modded one though :)

You ONLY have sand now right?

Latest posts