Keychain light smaller then Mine Quark 123

hazna

Enlightened
The Klarus are nice small lights, the Peak lights are shorter, but thicker and requires LiIon batteries, The Klares has 3 brightness settings, the Peak is adjustable with a QTC pill (If you get the right model). The 38DD is a limited run, also with a QTC pill.

DSC_9703.jpg

For AAA lights, check my website I have compared many of them.

Is the middle one a AAA or 10280 eiger?

On your older photos the eiger looks longer than most other AAA lights.

archimedes

Flashaholic

My guess is that the middle two are Peak Eiger SS Lug 10280 & 10180. An Eiger AAA (10440) should be longer than either of those pictured in that photo.

HKJ

Flashaholic

It is a 10280.

I can add a few more lights to the lineup, the two blacks ones are new Peak AAA with QTC pills, the two long SS lights are older Peak AAA:
DSC_9704.jpg

mmace1

Enlightened
I think the DQG is all sold out at the moment.

Nope - SBFlashlights has them in stock. Though I too thought for the longest time they were unavailable...I own one probably about...2 months later than I would have otherwise, had I known.

If doing the math (total volume of flashlight - assuming it's a perfect cylinder, yadda yadda):

Quark 123: 30,445 sq. mm
Quark Mini AA: 18,909 sq mm. (to stay with same brand, and I don't believe there's any AA flashlight appreciably smaller).
DQG II: 6,828 sq mm (smallest AAA flashlight) - need it this small, or prefer the bigger Mini AA?

Last edited:

persco

Enlightened
Nope - SBFlashlights has them in stock. Though I too thought for the longest time they were unavailable...I own one probably about...2 months later than I would have otherwise, had I known.

I can't see them on their website...?

passive101

Enlightened
Does anyone have a comparison of these 3 lights?

Quark Mini 123A (unknown)
Quark Mini AA: 18,909 sq mm.
DQG II: 6,828 sq mm

If anyone have a photo showing the differences that would be great as well.

HKJ

Flashaholic
Does anyone have a comparison of these 3 lights?

Quark Mini 123A (unknown)
Quark Mini AA: 18,909 sq mm.
DQG II: 6,828 sq mm

If anyone have a photo showing the differences that would be great as well.

I am not going to do a beamshot, but I can show how they looks next to each other:
DSC_9722.jpg

I also added the CR2 version to the lineup.

Last edited:

Hitthespot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fenix LD01. It has three brightness levels, 77 lumens on high, can be bought in stainless steel, has a twist head on (no switches to turn on in the pocket) and runs on one AAA battery. I still believe it is the best keychain light available right now for the price. Brightguy has it on sale for 42.99. I've had one on my key ring for two years and it still looks and runs like brand new. The new SS version I believe has a R5 emitter and runs longer than my version.

stickx

Newly Enlightened
Fenix LD01. It has three brightness levels, 77 lumens on high, can be bought in stainless steel, has a twist head on (no switches to turn on in the pocket) and runs on one AAA battery. I still believe it is the best keychain light available right now for the price. Brightguy has it on sale for 42.99. I've had one on my key ring for two years and it still looks and runs like brand new. The new SS version I believe has a R5 emitter and runs longer than my version.
Look in the Good Deals in the MarketPlace. Just got a SS LD01 for 30.99.:)

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
They are there, serach for it on the site.
Got my DQG today. Its even shorter than my minix 123. The gitd stuff behind the optic has a cool effect. Mine had green tint but it still kicked my neutral lf2xt off the keychain, thats how small it is :) Im hoping for a neutral version when the new ti version comes.

Edit: Looks like i got one of the last ones from sb.

Last edited:

papa_mcb

Newly Enlightened
I really like my fenix E05 with the arc clip attached. ease of use and I can reverse the clip and attach it to my hat as a head lamp. Nice floody beam very useful for up close work and pretty good runtime off a standard AAA