KL5A vs. U2A vs. KL3 - confused about runtime/output...

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been comparing the specs of these three (theres' supposedly a KX3 now, but that in another thread) and I'm a little confused about the numbers. The new KL5A is listed at 100 lumens for 5 hrs, but the U2A is listed at 100 lumens for 3 hrs "total" on high. I realize Surefire underrates their out put numbers but am I to understand that the U2A puts out significantly higher lumens on high than the KL5A? Something doesn't seem right there. Also the KL3 is rated at 4.5 hrs @ 30 lumens. It has about the same runtime as the KL5A. If i swap the LuxIII for a SSC-P4, will I get about the same output as the KL5A?

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been comparing the specs of these three (theres' supposedly a KX3 now, but that in another thread) and I'm a little confused about the numbers. The new KL5A is listed at 100 lumens for 5 hrs, but the U2A is listed at 100 lumens for 3 hrs "total" on high. I realize Surefire underrates their out put numbers but am I to understand that the U2A puts out significantly higher lumens on high than the KL5A? Something doesn't seem right there. Also the KL3 is rated at 4.5 hrs @ 30 lumens. It has about the same runtime as the KL5A. If i swap the LuxIII for a SSC-P4, will I get about the same output as the KL5A?
Well see, I have an old U2 over at SF for warranty the guy said under 1 week, we'll see if they send me an old model or a new U2A.