Knife & Light pics. (Identify your images!)

Captain Spaulding

Enlightened
Re: Knife & Light pics.

Nothing wrong with a knife designed specifically for self-defense. Nothing wrong at all.

But that is a sweet pic. :)

Thanks Monocrom. I shouldnt talk bad about one of my babies. I really do love the knife, but it is just not practical for anything other than self defense. I would never carry it pre-apocalypse as Im sure even in self defense, a jury would have a hay day with it.

It is strapped to my bug out bag though near my bed, just in case... Using it inside my house for defense probably would be more understandable in the eyes of the law.

It is mean looking though and looks good with my only green Jetbeam!

ninemm

Flashlight Enthusiast

Nice knives Lisa. But I seem to remember you saying the below about knife collecting:

lisantica said:
Thanks for the link OTD. However, I'm trying to avoid going down that slippery-slope :caution: I spend enough as it is on flashlights :D

Here's some of mine:
IMGP6316.jpg

IMGP6323.jpg

IMGP6371.jpg

lisantica

Flashlight Enthusiast

Steve, you got me! :laughing: We both know that flashlights are a gateway addiction to knives :wave:

ninemm

Flashlight Enthusiast

Steve, you got me! :laughing: We both know that flashlights are a gateway addiction to knives :wave:

Haha. It was the other way around for me. Now I've come full circle and am back into knives again. :thumbsup: My feeling is that knives, flashlights, multi-tools, and to a certain extent guns all fall into the same realm of preparedness/edc items. So, I don't get too upset when I switch focus from one to the other. :)

lisantica

Flashlight Enthusiast

Haha. It was the other way around for me. Now I've come full circle and am back into knives again. :thumbsup: My feeling is that knives, flashlights, multi-tools, and to a certain extent guns all fall into the same realm of preparedness/edc items. So, I don't get too upset when I switch focus from one to the other. :)

I agree and I'll have to add one more goodie into the mix and that's watches. Not as justifiable as the other preparedness items though.

ninemm

Flashlight Enthusiast

I agree and I'll have to add one more goodie into the mix and that's watches. Not as justifiable as the other preparedness items though.

Watches are pretty sweet. I definitely like my glow-y Citizen Eco-Drive. I do try to stay away from watch forums though. I already like them enough...no need to further weaken my resolve.

wyager

Flashlight Enthusiast

Nothing wrong with a knife designed specifically for self-defense. Nothing wrong at all.

Erm... the fact that you're not using a gun? Lol, knives are great but intending to use them for self defense, especially in your house, is pretty mall ninja... LOL. I guess maybe if you don't live in the USA/canada...

Last edited:

Captain Spaulding

Enlightened

Erm... the fact that you're not using a gun? Lol, knives are great but using them for self defense is pretty mall ninja... LOL. I guess maybe if you don't live in the americas...

or live in california! gun laws here suck.

Living in Texas must be nice. They make it pretty hard for one to carry concealed here. I have always carried a knife big enough to use in self defense if necessary. A knife is much easier to carry legally here. Granted I dont carry my Civilian around for reasons mentioned above, but if you cant carry a concealed weapon, a knife is better than nothing.

Of course a pistol for home defense is best but whats wrong with having a knife that doesn't misfire or jam as a backup to your firearm?

Last edited:

Monocrom

Flashaholic

Erm... the fact that you're not using a gun? Lol, knives are great but intending to use them for self defense, especially in your house, is pretty mall ninja... LOL. I guess maybe if you don't live in the USA/canada...

Makes an excellent back-up to a pistol. One of the true stories sent to Sal involved an undercover LEO who was bushwacked while checking his car. He couldn't get to his pistol. But his Civilian was handy. He went for it, used it, he survived. Wasn't pretty. But he got to live. Generally, states that aren't firearms friendly tend to be very unfriendly towards knives for self-defense. The Civilian and its less expensive Matriarch twin from Spyderco are designed for use along with a handgun, far more than instead of one.

wyager

Flashlight Enthusiast

or live in california! gun laws here suck.

Living in Texas must be nice. They make it pretty hard for one to carry concealed here. I have always carried a knife big enough to use in self defense if necessary. A knife is much easier to carry legally here. Granted I dont carry my Civilian around for reasons mentioned above, but if you cant carry a concealed weapon, a knife is better than nothing.

Of course a pistol for home defense is best but whats wrong with having a knife that doesn't misfire or jam as a backup to your firearm?

Moving is always an option :D
I actually have a relative in california-it doesn't seem all that hard to keep a gun in the house. Of course, carrying is a different story. :rolleyes:
That's what they get for electing a robot from the future. :nana:
In all seriousness though, by the way he's acting I would have to say he's trying to destroy california...

Makes an excellent back-up to a pistol. One of the true stories sent to Sal involved an undercover LEO who was bushwacked while checking his car. He couldn't get to his pistol. But his Civilian was handy. He went for it, used it, he survived. Wasn't pretty. But he got to live. Generally, states that aren't firearms friendly tend to be very unfriendly towards knives for self-defense. The Civilian and its less expensive Matriarch twin from Spyderco are designed for use along with a handgun, far more than instead of one.

It's true, in some rare cases knives can be useful for defense (or at least scaring away "bubba" when he tries to take your wallet). I just can't stand when someone says "Hurr, I'm gonna stop a bank robbery in progress with my tacticool SOG." :crackup:

Captain Spaulding

Enlightened

Moving is always an option :D

That's what they get for electing a robot from the future. :nana:
In all seriousness though, by the way he's acting I would have to say he's trying to destroy california...

I agree. I love California, but there are more and more reasons to consider moving every year. And yes, trust me, I did NOT vote for the Governator...

It's true, in some rare cases knives can be useful for defense (or at least scaring away "bubba" when he tries to take your wallet). I just can't stand when someone says "Hurr, I'm gonna stop a bank robbery in progress with my tacticool SOG." :crackup:

I also agree. This tacticool / mall ninja mentality drives me crazy as well. My first statement posting the Civilian pointed out that I know how impractical the knife is for most uses.

I do also agree with Monocrom that it can make a good backup to the pistol in the house however...

If and when society breaks down and anarchy rules the streets :)tinfoil:) I will carry it with a pistol then! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Monocrom

Flashaholic

Unless I'm mistaken, that lever helps keep the blade from accidentally closing in the open position; when you rest your thumb on top of it.