Knife & Light pics. (Identify your images!)

Illum

Flashaholic
Re: Knife & Light pics.

How do you like your Kershaw Outcast? Is it really a good chopper? I almost bought one...

I bought it originallyfor the design, a "looker" rather a "user." yesterday I tried it out on some low palms and the results are better than my old but hardy machete I bought some years ago from Homedepot...aside from the rust and the wooden handle held in by nylon cords, its a pretty good trail blazer.

likes: Balanced, Topheavy but not enough to numb the wrist after a bit of chopping or cutting. [some bowies I've tried has the feeling of "too big of a head, too small of a grip" feeling], [hopefully] doesn't rust, and personally just look better than something like these sold in trail/camping stores

I found one with an light colored wood handle and a non-serrated ~15" blade in Walmart for $8...almost bought it before the "you get what you pay for" feeling popped out and I placed the blister packed blade back on its peg :ohgeez:

dislikes: the knifes made for bigger hands. the depression made for the forefinger I can fit two fingers in. the rubber handle makes your hands sweat in very little time...I didn't notice this when using a wooden handle:ohgeez:.
the sheath is anything but portable or egromonically sound [at least to me] its two heavy sheets of kydex held together by rivets and designed to be clipped to a belt, but it rides a bit high and [for me anyway] requires two hands to draw without pulling my pants way up. I think it would be better suited to be strapped horizontally to the waist and deployed from the rear and right [or leftif your left handed] from the torso.

I bought mine after reading this review: https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/88403
its kinda odd this guy used it on a tree trunk. I'd use a hatchet for that purpose. :confused:
the review also provides a pic of the holster...but mine didn't come with the locking leather doohickey on top...the sheath grips the knife handle pretty snug so I don't think it needs it

I'll post one in comparison with a light or something to show the size of it if needed:)

Last edited:

NA8

Flashlight Enthusiast

Here's an old school group, a fat 4D Mag-Lite, a Gerber Magnum Hunter, and a Smith&Wesson N Frame 625.

oldschooljm4.jpg

This group should be self explanatory. A Fenix L1Tv2, a Spyderco Endura (ATS-55), and a Colt Officers 45 ACP.

carryxq0.jpg

Last edited:

JB01245

Newly Enlightened

2x Cree R2 WH bin
annodized aluminum housing (bright silver)
current regulated @ 800ma
7.4V 2400mAh Li-Ion battery
~3 hr runtime / ~520 lumens
light head and battery together weigh 173 grams
light head measures 3/4" x 1 1/2 " x 1 1/2"

Van Hoy SnapLok 2

R2_Black_Beauty_with_VanHoy.jpg

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm rediscovering the charm of SAK's. This is my favourate model, the compact. It's got pretty much everything you use on daily basis. Knife, scissor, bottle/can opener, corkscrew, tweezer, pen, and a few others, all in two layers.

My EDC:

Monocrom

Flashaholic

You guys are doing an awesome job! Keep it up! :twothumbs

As for me, my cameraphone is "less than great."

I e-mailed a few pics to myself two days ago. And they got to my inbox a few minutes ago. :wtf:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I call this one.... "Small & Strong."

Fenix L0D Rebel 80 -and- Boker Subcom. With red Papermate pen for comparison:

EDIT ~
If all you see above is a red "x," please click on it to see the actual pic.

Last edited:

photorob

Enlightened

LINK TO OVER SIZED IMAGE REMOVED

Wow I would love to get my hands on one of those. What did that set you back. I feel like Kevin Wilkins must be swamped with orders.

Last edited by a moderator:

V8TOYTRUCK

Flashlight Enthusiast

OK - I am not the most prolific or creative photographer, I've already posted this in the EDC Watch thread and a Strider thread on another forum, but seeing as it has lights, a knife (and a watch) it kinda fits the bill.....................

front to back

1.) Strider SMF Double Gunner
2.) Brietling Aerospace Advantage
3.) Tranquility Base Ti AA
4. ) McGizmo AlTiN S-27 TiPD w/GreenLED Lanyard

(EDIT) I can't believe Goat and Chronos both own guns - no wonder the streets arn't safe anymore:nana:.

Strider.jpg

Why is it that all the coolest things are $$$$$!

That Strider is beautiful! How much and where? (Total knife noob) Is that a one off custom folder?

Why can't they make $100 knives look like the SnG or GB....I can't justify a Strider at this point...I might change my mind if I get one in my hands :)

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast

It is not a full "Custom" Strider. It is a double gunner grip SMF. Here's a link to one for sale. It feels so great in the hand, and works as advertised. It is my favorite Strider yet. I think the MSRP is $550.

Oh- a note on Hodsta- please remember to type slowly, as he reads slowly. :shakehead:poke::nana:

Hodsta

Flashlight Enthusiast

It is not a full "Custom" Strider. It is a double gunner grip SMF. Here's a link to one for sale. It feels so great in the hand, and works as advertised. It is my favorite Strider yet. I think the MSRP is $550.

Oh- a note on Hodsta- please remember to type slowly, as he reads slowly. :shakehead:poke::nana:

Thanks Chronos - you got my back on the SMF.

Momma didn't learn me to read too good:wave:.

Illum

Flashaholic

something cute to add
Workhorse KL4 on a brand new E1E, and a Spydie to go with it.

Last edited:

Flashlight Enthusiast

I took the family to our vacation house in Delaware for Christmas and brought along a few of the toys. These are posted on another thread, but I'll replay them here for the fun of it.:thumbsup:

where did u get the led for the m3T??

Blue72

Flashlight Enthusiast

Spyderco Dragonfly and ARC AAA-P

2294347554_f01581fd1d.jpg