Knife & Light pics. (Identify your images!)

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Re: Knife & Light pics.

SAM_0016.jpg

Boker Subcom F
Boker Keycom
Streamlight Nano Light

Posted this in another thread about showing your EDC items - works well enough here too. :whistle:
Who knows, I have more lights and more knives - might get mildly creative this weekend and post more?

Chad has designed some excellent little blades.

zenbeam

Enlightened

Chad has designed some excellent little blades.

He truly has. I also have a Hyper ("Justice Is Done" issue), another Subcom (Titanium), an extra Keycom (just in case something happens to my keychain Keycom) and a Trance.

The Trance is quite frankly my most favorite folding knife of all time so far.

I'll be sure to include them first if/when I do some more Flashlight/Knife photos for this thread. Heck, now I am motivated to do so... lol. But I am humbled by the combination of awesome knives, flashlights and photography skills going on here! I still want to be part of it.

Last edited:

zenbeam

Enlightened

Okay - so I got motivated today - lol. But I utterly forgot to take shots including my other Boker knives! They are up on a magnetic display.

Anywho.... For this display you're going to get a humble effort at pop art.

The lights: Fenix TK21 U2 / JETBeam BC10 / Fenix LD01 R4
The knives: Kershaw Speed Bump / Kershaw Blur / Kershaw Skyline / Spyderco Native
DSC00026.jpg

DSC00036.jpg

DSC00036b.jpg

DSC00036a.jpg

DSC00036d.jpg

DSC00036e.jpg

DSC00036c.jpg

I'll have more - and not so melodramatic, just some regular photos without the filtering stuff. I had to experiment some. Thanks for indulging me. :naughty:

zenbeam

Enlightened

Still exploring this forum and stumbled upon this thread. Some cice stuff in this here!

6778541899_21a494b69d_z.jpg

I've had my eye on the Fenix PD32 for quite some time now. It's nice to see a real world photo with some scale to it. It's smaller than I had imagined - but I like that.

Nice first post Subie.:welcome:

@ Bullzeye & benthic - thanks for the kind comments on the pop art flash-knives!

zenbeam

Enlightened

If the USPS is nice to me, I might have my new EagleTac D25LC2 Clicky this Saturday - in which case I would make it a point to take some photos of it along with my other Boker knives! I am certain the Clicky will be one of my top favorite lights, so it would be fitting that it is photographed along with my favorite pocket knife (Boker Trance) and its Boker "siblings" if you will.

But, since I did take a few photos last night for this thread, here a few more:

Fenix TK21 U2 & Kershaw Speed Bump. The TK21 is nestled in the very serviceable Fenix A206 Holster.
DSC00014.jpg

In descending order: Spyderco Ambitious, Spyderco Persistence, TerraLUX Lightstar100, Fenix E05, and the CRKT Drifter
DSC00037.jpg

Starting with the red Swiss Army Knife and moving clockwise: Victorinox Super Tinker, Romisen RC-G2 II NW, Rocky 220lm Tactical Grade (Sam's Club cheap but amazing light that got me interested in LED lights), Kershaw Orange Zing (note the grooved blade), Victorinox Classic SD, 1967 Ford Mustang (hehe), Kershaw Scallion, Fenix E01, EagleTac D25C mini, and at bottom - nestled in a nice Nite Ize Stretch Flashlight Holster like a hotdog in a bun.... the EagleTac P20A2 MKII XP-G S2 with included diffuser & rubber tailcap installed for use as a tailstanding, bedside reading candle!
DSC00047.jpg

Phew!

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast

mail
pocket dump. hi cri quark, neutral elcap both on rcr.

Hi WER, you'll need to upload your photo to a hosting site such as imageshack, photobucket, or picasa and then link to it here. The image you posted is linked to a Gmail file which results in a red X.

:welcome:

climberkid

Flashlight Enthusiast
aee3594a.jpg

My most common combination:
04d12102.jpg

A more cheap, but reliable, combo:
c4b9508b.jpg

The big daddy:
bae59a2f.jpg

Obviously I'm proud to be serving our country:
a5d13449.jpg

-Alex

Monocrom

Flashaholic

The Delica and Endura has definitely stood the test of time! :thumbsup:

I love the handful that I own. But to be honest, they've stood the test of time because Sal is constantly improving on the original designs for both of them. Small, but very significant changes on a routine basis. I'm thankful he ditched the integral molded clip on the 1st Gen. models. When mine snapped off, it was no fun using a file on my multi-tool and some sandpaper to remove the base of the broken clip that was still attached to the side of my Endura.

sledhead

Flashlight Enthusiast

Love this thread! Here's my latest orange pair - Mac's EDC XML deep reflector and Todd Begg

IMG_9378.jpg

Last edited:

DIΩDΣ

Enlightened

I've got a few new additions:

IMG_1140.jpg

Becker BK-9 & 4sevens Quark X. Sorry they have sawdust on em from logging over the weekend, I actually use them alot. :thumbsup:

IMG_1133.jpg

The BK9 splitting a red oak round. I've actually used it to make a few buckets of kindling out of previously split cherry, works great actually better than my hatchet and probably safer too. Great for limbing a tree when you have a bunch of small limbs, will slice of clean up to thumb size or so with an average whack. Saves the arms from having to hold up the chainsaw to do all the little stuff.

IMG_1135.jpg

My heavy edc, when I'm wearing jeans: Quark X and S&W M&P.

IMG_1136.jpg

And my light edc. CRKT minimalist bowie neck knife and ZL H51w. Size is kind of deceiving, but realize those are finger sized molded grips to get an idea. Knife itself weighs only 1.6 oz.

Last edited: