Laser Devices OV1 3100

Chao

Enlightened
Got my laser devices OV1 3100 Xenon 6V from Botach Tac.
Very small and solid, beam can be focused from spot to flood.
ov1e2d.jpg

beamshot compared with E2d at 5m distance
E2E5m.jpg
ov15m.jpg
ov1flood.jpg

good throw and excellent runtime
ov1 runtime.jpg

Last edited:

Css2000

Newly Enlightened
Chao, how do you like the switch on the ov-1. Is it comparable to a SF switch? It looks like a nice light. Also, are the threads as smooth & the anodize as good as SF's. Would you personally buy this light over a SF 6P or E2E? Sorry for all the questions, I just have to ask.
Thanks,
Josh

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lunal_Tic said:
Wonder if the Ontario Boys will get after them about the focusing aspect like they did to Pelican on the M6.

-LT

who are the ontario boys? m@g?

-David

Chao

Enlightened
Css2000 said:
Chao, how do you like the switch on the ov-1. Is it comparable to a SF switch? It looks like a nice light. Also, are the threads as smooth & the anodize as good as SF's. Would you personally buy this light over a SF 6P or E2E? Sorry for all the questions, I just have to ask.
Thanks,
Josh

This light is nice, I like the focused beam, and the tail switch is built in the body, not compatible with SF. For me, the quality is good; just hate the poor designed clip. I actually carry it everyday, because it can be powered by two 3.0V protected R1223A, very bright. If E2e can use R123A without any mod, I may love E2e more :rolleyes:.

Chao

Css2000

Newly Enlightened
Sounds like a descent light. I especially like the fact it can use r123's. I just won a new one off ebay for $27.00 shipped. Can't wait to get it. Thanks for the info.

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Some of the early OV's had defective switches: If you pressed and held it (even though it's a clickie) the light would be noticably brighter.

The bulbs are expensive, but since it uses the same bulb as the Streamlight TL/Scorpion (and E series SF's minus the base), someone could solder a bulb into an OV-1 base to save a few bucks.

--dan