leatherman squirt...opinions???

tiktok 22

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got a P4 a few weeks ago and think it is the best "keychain" tool I have come across. I have abused this thing and it has been superb. Will definately be getting the S4.

Anybody else got one of these????????
smile.gif

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Just got mine today! Love it's "build", seems the most sturdy of any of the smaller mini tools that I've owned.

Gone Jeepin

Enlightened
I have been using my Squirt P4 every day since I got it. It is by far the best mini of the multitool world IMHO. I think I just might have to ask for a Squirt S4 for my B-day next year
grin.gif

Normark

Newly Enlightened
Hey Guys...

I got my P4 a week or so ago...

By far it is the nicest Micro tool they make...

Here is a picture of mine in one of my Micro Rigs...

squirt.jpg

I'm also interested in getting the S4.Looks to be a valuable little tool..

ttyle

Eric...

BIG MIKEY

Newly Enlightened
how does it compare to the leatherman micra, that is what I have, is it the same size, because I would want one small enough for my keychain.
And normark, I am going to be ordering a couple of sheaths from you pretty quick, you make some great stuff..

nyyanks

Newly Enlightened
Im looking to get a leatherman squirt, should I go for the P4 or S4? P4 seems to get more votes than the S4 on the forum?

Also is the leatherman squirt a good size to carry attached to the keys in a pocket. I don't want to carry a huge bulky multitool, I just want something small and compact that fits nicely with the keys and in my pocket.

What is the length and width of it when closed?

tiktok 22

Flashlight Enthusiast
P4 and S4 both weight 2 0z. and are 2.25 inches long. They fit on a keychain really well. P4 and S4 have slightly different uses depending on your needs.

And the CPF motto..........Get them both.
grin.gif

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
I have a Micra (brand new in the box - never used it...) got the Squirt P4 for Christmas, don't know how I got along without it! I've used the pliers many times as well as the wire cutters. As far as the scissors on the S4...the P4 w/pliers is more valuable to me!

nyyanks

Newly Enlightened
I just placed an order for the gray P4. The handles are aluminum right? How durable and how much of a beating can the aluminum take?

PWork

Newly Enlightened
My only real complaint is that the springs are a little weak for my liking. It is a useful little tool.

Paul

nyyanks

Newly Enlightened
I see one on ebay that is in a plastic blister pack and not in a paper box.
Is Leatherman using 2 types of packaging or are they newer/older revisions?

Graham

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine also came in a blister pack. However the ones I've seen in shops here are in boxes.

Since the Squirt is only a very new item, I wouldn't think they have any new revisions yet. I imagine that there is just a choice of packaging available for distribution - since blister packs are probably more suitable for stores like K Mart and such.

Graham

alberto

Enlightened
I've carried a Micra for a long time, and love it, but got a new P4 Squirt for Christmas. The P4 is definitely now my new EDC.

Nobody has yet mentioned the most significant new improvement -- that the Squirt now allows all tools to be accessed WITHOUT OPENING the entire device -- except of course if you want to use the pliers (or scissors, depending on the model). The tools are now easily accessed like a conventional multi-function knife (e.g., Victorinox).

I used to use the scissors a lot on my Micra when I could have used the knife blade, but it was too much trouble to go the extra step. Now, with the P4, the knife is only one step and gets used for everything I was using the scissors for previously. I prefer the addition of the pliers (P4) than have the redundant scissors (S4).

The construction and design quality of Leatherman products is outstanding. I wouldn't even consider one of the other similar products.

All Squirts I've seen are in the blister packs except those in "tactical" supply stores, which come in boxes -- and are more expensive (??).

I wonder about the durability of the new color finish on the Squirt. Is it going to get scratched up in my pocket with coins, keys, and Arc AAA/Photon II? Because it's a Leatherman, I'm expecting it to be perfect.

nyyanks

Newly Enlightened
I bought the storm grey one and hopefully if it gets scratched up in my pocket with the keys and all, it will not be as noticeable as the red or blue color P4's.

Also is the anodizing coming off covered in Leatherman's warranty?

tiktok 22

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Guys,

Mine also came in a blister pak.

nyyanks, The aluminum handles seem to be very durable. I personally would like stainless handles though. As for the finishes, they are not included in the warranty.
smile.gif

Kev

nyyanks

Newly Enlightened
I like the stainless handles too, I wonder why they chose aluminum over the stainless. There isn't really that much of a weight difference for such a small item is there?

tiktok 22

Flashlight Enthusiast
this perplexed me also. It could have been a tooling issue. I don't think it was a cost issue as other leatherman tools are all stainless.