LED drop in for incan E2E?

Travis b

Newly Enlightened
The only ones I can find are the ones at lumen factory. The one they have is a 3v to 3.7v so I guess I couldn't use them in my E2E. I swear they had a drop in for an E2. Does anyone else have them? And does anyone know how the ones at LF are quality wise?

Thanks

Travis b

Newly Enlightened
Don't know about the Lumens Factory ones, but have you tried looking into Malkoff Devices for SF E Series?
I have. For the cost of that and this light I might as well get a EB1 and have dual modes do I can use the low and save some batteries. Which I'm thinking about selling this and just getting a eb1. I thought I could get the one for $30ish from lumens factory but after further explanation I discovered it won't work with 2 cr123's

m4a1usr

Enlightened
Yea I saw those. I'm sure they're nice but they are pretty much the same price as the malkoff. At that rate I might as well just sell the e2e and get a EB1.

Why hey can't lumens factory make a tower for a 2 cell

You could use the single cell E series LF drop in with a 16650 cell. It will work on a single lithium cell according to the web site. And your E2e will accept a 16mm diameter battery. Just don't try two primaries or poof! Or you could buy/make a dummy 16340 cell spacer/adapter and just use one CR123 cell.

Travis b

Newly Enlightened
You could use the single cell E series LF drop in with a 16650 cell. It will work on a single lithium cell according to the web site. And your E2e will accept a 16mm diameter battery. Just don't try two primaries or poof! Or you could buy/make a dummy 16340 cell spacer/adapter and just use one CR123 cell.

Are rechargables reliable and what do you think the output would be?

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have several E2Es. I have one set up with the LF drop ins and I run the 17670s. It works great. Why not do that?

Just to add to what Scout posted. The Tana TNT single is WORTH the money. The E2E is WORTH the investment. Get the TNT with Dr. Jones driver and some 17670s and you have one hard to beat package. Just sayin.

Skip the spacer stuff and have increased capacity.

This thread makes me think, I should probably take some beam shots between the LF & TNT for folks. Only problem is, there are so many different TNTs available. It's kinda hard to compare evenly, I guess. For me, the DrJones driver and led options makes all the difference.

Last edited:

Travis b

Newly Enlightened
I have several E2Es. I have one set up with the LF drop ins and I run the 17670s. It works great. Why not do that?

Just to add to what Scout posted. The Tana TNT single is WORTH the money. The E2E is WORTH the investment. Get the TNT with Dr. Jones driver and some 17670s and you have one hard to beat package. Just sayin.

Skip the spacer stuff and have increased capacity.

This thread makes me think, I should probably take some beam shots between the LF & TNT for folks. Only problem is, there are so many different TNTs available. It's kinda hard to compare evenly, I guess. For me, the DrJones driver and led options makes all the difference.

im still leaning towards just getting a EB1. With light press for 5 lum and hard press for 200 with good throw. As that with standard 123's will be more reliable than a rechargeable. Especially since that even the cheaper LF drop in is $40 then have to get a couple recharables and a charger. Might as well just go with something with dual modes that I like and more reliable. I do like the size of this e2e though it also needs a 2 way clip. This bezel up is not cutting it.

These thin e series lights are great to carry. Elzetta needs to thin out their lights like these.

recDNA

Flashaholic
im still leaning towards just getting a EB1. With light press for 5 lum and hard press for 200 with good throw. As that with standard 123's will be more reliable than a rechargeable. Especially since that even the cheaper LF drop in is $40 then have to get a couple recharables and a charger. Might as well just go with something with dual modes that I like and more reliable. I do like the size of this e2e though it also needs a 2 way clip. This bezel up is not cutting it.

These thin e series lights are great to carry. Elzetta needs to thin out their lights like these.
I wonder if anybody in usa mods the led in the eb1? I do not mind cool white but cannot tolerate any shade of yellow or green.

m4a1usr

Enlightened
I wonder if anybody in usa mods the led in the eb1? I do not mind cool white but cannot tolerate any shade of yellow or green.

I haven't done a EB1 but both of my E1B have had an emitter swap. Both XML2 conversions on copper. Not that it needs copper. One in 5500k and the other in 4000k and mine are the 110lm versions. Well they were 110lm :twothumbs

BillSWPA

Enlightened
My E2E currently has a Malkoff head. This is the best, most cost-effective upgrade I could find.

When considering upgrades, keep in mind that putting an LED in a reflector designed for an incandescent bulb will result in a light that is very floody without much throw. A complete replacement head is a better solution.

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like lumens factory, I've had fun over the years using them in different builds. I had a full lumens factory head, actually first gen then I emailed them ideas and they listened, hence gen two . So I would buy a lumens factory e head with the appropriate drop in and also tell them that a two cell e tower would sell really well !

Travis b

Newly Enlightened
My E2E currently has a Malkoff head. This is the best, most cost-effective upgrade I could find.

When considering upgrades, keep in mind that putting an LED in a reflector designed for an incandescent bulb will result in a light that is very floody without much throw. A complete replacement head is a better solution.

another reason why I'm gust going to go with the EB1. As kick *** as this light is. I already sold it.

Travis b

Newly Enlightened
I with you. Still for me even the discounted eb1 are still priced high for what they are.
I kinda agree. They're still $150ish. But the only options for a 2 mode without clicky, on the smaller side are pretty much this or the elzetta alpha which is thicker and doesn't have a tail cap but it is brighter and there is one for sale here for $100

Latest posts