LED Lenser M1 - Good light?

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Your English is pretty good, I don't know why you think it's bad.

Water proof depends on how far down you are taking the light. Most of the lights we talk about around here can take a few dunks without problem, even some of the cheaper ones.

Go for what you like. I personally think a better UI would be better then a smoother beam, but then, you won't know until you have something to compare it to.

Oztorchfreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a Led Lenser M1 in my collection as well as a P14.

I think that the M1 is microprocessor controlled otherwise how do you get the strobe function.

That is how the M series gets its coding.

You cannot run this light on high for very long.

It does drop back in light output after a few minutes use when it gets warm to protect itself.

I have tried to use a single RCR123 and it does not work at all.

I think the M1 has a voltage protection circuit as rechargebale Lions are 3.7V and nearly 4.2V when hot off the charger.

Standard Lithium CR123s are only 3V.

There are better torches out there now with continuous output and higher output like the Jetbeam RRT-0 R5.

The also have the flood and spot areas covered in one design.

I don't like using CR123s because here in Australia they cost too much to change all the time.

I thought I could run the M1 eventually on a RCR123 but I don't think this is possible.

Please correct me if anyone has sucessfully used a RCR123 in this torch.

It is a nice pocket size torch, I will give it that.

I seriously like the Led Lenser M7R that is a P7 lookalike, has a magnetic rechargeable dock with cord and increased lumens.

The M7R is also rechargeable from any USB plug on a PC etc.

Last edited:

Pahrens

Newly Enlightened
The 8 hour battery life is from the low mode. It says on the Zweibruder website.

Latest posts