LED Lenser P5.2 with NiMH Rechargeable Batteries ????

Witterings

Enlightened
CC,
Sorry I just didn't know if you were having a wind up and didn't fancy a blowing a brand new £40 torch.

Has anyone tried the Kentli rechargeable's ... they're expensive but might provide the ultimate alternative to L91's ?????

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
its all good man. Lemme look these cells you suggest up real quick. Oh man...avoid these things. Notice they rate their cells in milli Watt Hours not milli AMP hours. I did the math and 2800 mWh=2300mAh. So Eneloop Pros 2550, Duracell Ion Core 2400mah. Imedions are meh...average out beneath their ratings. Saw Kentli lithium rechargeable cells AA at 2400 mWh. Did the math and at 1.5v they came out 1300mAh.

Amazon sells re wrapped Eneloops I believe they are called "Basics" they are good to go and it has long been rumored the Duracell Ion Core cells are re wrapped Eneloop XX cells. There are older high self drain NiMHs still out there like the old 2450mah Duracell's but they drain out fast use them or not. Same thing with the currently available Powerex 2700mah AA's they are HSD. I had a couple sets of those they were not horrible but not great either. There was a test on them here awhile ago none of the subject cells went anywhere near 2700mah.

Witterings

Enlightened
Ahhh .. OK ... I hadn't picked up they're mwh rather than mah.

I am finding though there's a lot of difference in brightness between a non rechargeable 1.5 v and a 1.2 v rechargeable ... I'm guessing a standard duracell 1.5 v is probably about 2400 mah???? in which case with the Kentil's I'd get 1/2 the run time but at the full 1.5 v's and if the torch specs are to be believed that it's 5 hr on a standard 1.5v I'll probably get about 2 hrs of full brightness with a Kentli ... have I got that right or is my lack of knowledge showing again???

Latest posts