LED LENSER P7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
I think the optic is the reason why the light appears so bright.

MattK, do you know if the light has a regulator?

enLIGHTenment

Enlightened
@BigTennisBall and MattK:

Can we get some solid information on this light? I.e. regulation, switch characteristics (is it as bad as the simulation?), finish (type II/III anodize?), etc?

TONY M

Flashlight Enthusiast
This new Led Lenser sounds interesting if it can outshine a TK10.
Like others I wish to know if it is direct driven?
Also what emitter, P4, Q5 or what?

mighty82

Enlightened
I think the optic is the reason why the light appears so bright.

MattK, do you know if the light has a regulator?
Thats right. They have no spill and all the light is focused into a fairly small hotspot. I have one of the old led lenster "hokus fokus" lights with an old luxeon led inside. This light throws much further than a P3D even with half used nimh batteries. But still you can see the P3D is much brighter in ceiling bounce. At least double the output. The led lenser is rated at only 60 lumens.

If you mod this light with a Q5 led and maybe a 18650 battery, they will be about twice as bright and make AMAZING pocket throwers. Led lenser's optics is the best I have ever seen. :D

A flashlight newbie can't see the difference between total lumen output and hotspot intensity. That's why they are so popular with so many people. :)

TONY M

Flashlight Enthusiast
A flashlight newbie can't see the difference between total lumen output and hotspot intensity. That's why they are so popular with so many people. :)
Very true! What throws the best is the brightest according to the unenlightened...

StingKing

Newly Enlightened
I also saw the P7 at my local camping shop the other day, looked like a nice torch for the $89.95 they were asking. The focusing system worked really good i thought. I think i will be picking one of these up in the near future.

neophyte340

Newly Enlightened
Im getting the X7 cuz its lghts goes 1700 feet :naughty:

Its near 1/2 mile range of 1000 lumens is not quite as good as my 15 lumen keychain photon which is visible for over a mile :crackup:

infoseeker

Newly Enlightened
i hope someone will try to "hacked" it inside so that i can understand how this new products working/ comparing the old models of led lenser.

"flashcrazy" - waiting for your comments on this (hope you will get one pc. of this soon) :popcorn:

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cool i was wondering when Matt would get some in!!!

stonehold

Newly Enlightened
I have a 4xAG13 V2 and a 1xAA Digitac II. Both are very well made lights at a reasonable cost. Solid forward clicky tail switches, gold plated springs, clean threads, thick o-rings, nice knurling. They get dinged for the anodizing though, just like the lights. I got the Digitac II at Costco for $20 a few months ago and it's the second best light for the money I've got. The first is an Ultrafire 501B with a DX 6090 Cree lamp module that's < $20, but that's another tale. I'm tempted to pick up the P7 just to see how LED LENSER is doing.

electrothump

Enlightened
What's this??? Someone saying something good about Coast (ledlenser)??? This surely must be deemed as heresy!!! Ha! I always get tickled at all the ballyhooing about LedLenser. I've had nothing but good luck out of them. The new HP line looks pretty cool to me.

DN

mighty82

Enlightened
What's this??? Someone saying something good about Coast (ledlenser)??? This surely must be deemed as heresy!!! Ha! I always get tickled at all the ballyhooing about LedLenser. I've had nothing but good luck out of them. The new HP line looks pretty cool to me.

DN
The optics is great. Spot to flood works perfectly. They make great throwers in "spot" mode. Only negative thing about them is the 3 or 4xaaa format and the lack of regualtion.

electrothump

Enlightened
The optics is great. Spot to flood works perfectly. They make great throwers in "spot" mode. Only negative thing about them is the 3 or 4xaaa format and the lack of regualtion.

I can't agree with you enough about the triple A format. But, for most small applications I like double A(s) much better, purely for the extra juice they carry. That said, my edc pocket light is a single triple A. It's hard to beat the small size of a single triple A in the pocket. Regulation is a wonderful thing, especially when coupled with a few output modes.

DN

MattK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't yet have the answers regarding regulation, switch characteristics, finish (type II/III anodize?) but given the runtimes and use of alkaline batteries the lights would work better without the 'full flat' regulation that some here favor as they'd be able to pull far more total juice out of the batteries.

TONY M

Flashlight Enthusiast
My only Coast is the 7438/Led Lenser hokus focus - police tech 3aaa Luxeon. It was a gift and I also dislike the format and lack of regulation. They are NOT waterproof in any sense of the word, lets hope the new lights are.
Not a bad light for a non flashaholic though.

electrothump

Enlightened
Not a bad light for a non flashaholic though.[/QUOTE]TONY M:

And remember folks, you cannot possibly know a good flashlight when you see one, until you officially have the flashaholic subtitle under your username. It just isn't possible. LOL. "Not a bad light for a non flashaholic though." That comment reminds me of the Thanksgiving commercial where the kid is asking his grandmother where he can eat, "grandma, can I sit at the big table this year?". Ha! Maybe one day when I grow up, I too will recognize a good flashlight when I see one,,, ,like perhaps an LedLenser!!!! Okay, I apologize for being a wise cracker. I'll stop. It was just so hard to pass that one up.

DN

Lite_me

Flashlight Enthusiast

jag808808

Enlightened
I just tested this against one of my old Maglites.. haha wish I didn't - now i'll never use it again (the mag that is).

Big,

You can send your Maglite to Hawaii... I will do you a favor and take it off your hands.:D We hut dwelling, coconut eating natives still have use for good condition Maglites.:wave:

jag

Status
Not open for further replies.