LED LENSER P7

Status
Not open for further replies.

TONY M

Flashlight Enthusiast
Um... Wow! I'm pretty surprised really. I hadn't seen that link before.

Mine is not nearly airtight thats for sure. If you remove the tailcap and blow air into the barrel air will leak - lots of it, there is no O-ring at the lens. I've tried attaching an inflated balloon and it deflates in a few seconds, unlike in most other flashlights (including my maglites!) where the balloon will just stay inflated (for hours at least).

Thanks for the link but I'm still defanately not trying that with my Led Lenser!

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
i dont like marketing schemes that say thier light will "outshine anything of its size"...bottom line is, no it wont, because there will always be another light, even if not alreayd out, that will follow all too soon. Vague things like that and "3 times as bright" confuse the buyer more then tech specs.

Crenshaw

Yapo

Enlightened
so does the head extend longer when you "push" it out? and by how much if so? i have not yet seen it in action...it sounds rather strange.

also for the "old system" where you screw/unscrew...does the head come off if u keep unscrewing? or is it like how a glue stick works where its only the glue that moves or in this case the lens?

mighty82

Enlightened
so does the head extend longer when you "push" it out? and by how much if so? i have not yet seen it in action...it sounds rather strange.

also for the "old system" where you screw/unscrew...does the head come off if u keep unscrewing? or is it like how a glue stick works where its only the glue that moves or in this case the lens?
The head extends only a few mm. As to the old system, the head will only turn about half a round before it stops. The whole head with the lens will move out/in to change the distance between the emitter and the lens. The emitter is mounted in the body.

Tubor

Enlightened
130hours runtime - that's cheeky as my other lenser (the Police Focus) dimmed very quickly and may have lasted the 50 hours claimed, but at around 3 lumens. With a SSC P4 upgrade they are very nice - huge hotspot, no spill (it's all hotspot).

BigTennisBall

Newly Enlightened
Tubor,

I think its pretty accurate after testing mine for 2 weeks now..

Its got a low power option - a High power option.. and a extra high power overide..

Tubor

Enlightened
Yea I mean 50 hours I was thinking - wow!! And then I realized it would be a gradual decline in brightness over 90mins or so, and then so dim. So dim.

But then with a low mode it might stay in regulation longer. Someone would really have to do brightness/runtime tests to be sure.

Telboyc

Newly Enlightened
Led Lenser p7

Hello all i'm a newbie on here so don't know too much about led torches, I've just purchased an Led Lenser p7 and was wondering if the problem with the switching has been resolved? any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

davyro

Enlightened
Re: Led Lenser p7

Hello & welcome i own a couple of Led Lensers but you'll soon find out there's a lot better value for money torches if you come on CPF regularly.So dive into the forum & try & gain as much as you can as there are a lot of members who are brilliant for finding out things your not sure of.

harro

Enlightened
Re: Led Lenser p7

Gidday and welcome to CPF.
Is it possible you're referring to regulation/modes of the light as opposed to problems? LL i think, are trying to address this with some of their newer models. I own a few LL's, among them P7, P14 which have virtually no regulation, and start to dim after just a few minutes on high. Not to say they're not a good torch, but as davyro says, there are heaps of great value, well regulated lights available to choose from now. If you like the looks, size of the P7, you might find the single 18650 cell format a good place to start looking. There's an absolute plethora of styles/ manafacturers to choose from.
Have fun!!

Status
Not open for further replies.