LED lights will illuminate the field in Phoenix for the Super Bowl

wws944

Enlightened
Early on there seemed to be some jitteriness in some slo-mos. But by the 2nd half, it was fixed. Thinking about it, I doubt that any of it would be associated with the LED lighting. (No synchronization between power supplies.)

Nice fight at the end. ;)

smooth2o

Newly Enlightened
Wow! Light me up at the Super Bowl....

Just got out of the party for the SB. And yes, he should have run the ball, not passed, but, oh well....

It's 10:30 and pitch black, about 22 degrees and it's coming down an inch an hour and we expect to get 3-5" overnight and another 5-8" tomorrow. Everything should be socked in. I come out of the party with my wife who has just had shoulder surgery; it's slippery and deep. We need to be careful. She holds on tight. My Nitecore EC21 is on my hip. I flip it on medium and the trusty Orbtronic 3600 shows the way to the car which is stuffed into a snowbank on the passenger's side. I hand the light to my wife while I back up the car so she can see and get in. I had to remove the snow in order to back up, so she's already blanketed in white, but she's able to see what's happening in the dark. She get's in and hands me the light and says, "Thanks, I don't know how to turn it off". I grab the light, turn it off and we head home, driving at the speed limit, just in case. We pull in, unpack, shut things down and I check outside through the windows for anything strange and unusual before I turn off the final light. I take the light up to the nightstand with the cellphone and place it next to my Glock 26. Safe, secure, and the end of a good evening.

Good night.

Last edited:

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Wow! Light me up at the Super Bowl....

Yes, tough loss for the Seahawks. Nice story though, and I'm glad you guys got home safely!

I just looked outside and we have an inch or two despite having no snow in the forecast, so I'm excited about that!

jkiggaman

Newly Enlightened
The cameras are color corrected to look great with the lighting. The lamps have a CRI of only about 70.

The Seattle Mariners' MLB Safeco Field was actually retrofitted with LED's very recently as well. From what I hear the lights used there do not need camera correcting as its CRI rating is somewhere around 82 CRI. It's a waste because it takes a hour or two with the lights on to get color correcting onboard per operation.

smooth2o

Newly Enlightened

It ain't easy but possible. God forbid you should sneeze improperly. You'd lose all rights to dangerous guns and dangerous torches.

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast

I was thinking that Katy Perry was the crappier version of Nyan Cat, myself. Less sexy than a cherry pop tart with more cat bit**ing of football players.

Also, Nyan cat IP lawsuits! Glorious!

In May 2013, Christopher Torres and Charles Schmidt, the creators of Nyan Cat and Keyboard Cat respectively, jointly sued 5th Cell and Warner Bros. for copyright infringement and trademark infringement over the appearance of these characters without permission in the Scribblenauts series of video games. Torres and Schmidt have registered copyrights on their characters and have pending trademark applications on the names.[25][26] Torres released a statement saying that he had tried to obtain compensation from 5th Cell and Warner Bros. for commercial use of the character, but was "disrespected and snubbed" multiple times.[27][28] The suit was settled in September 2013, with Torres and Schmidt being paid for the use of the characters.[29]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nyan_Cat#Lawsuit

Eye of the tiger, you say?

Last edited:

Latest posts